Obtaining RAW data from Register360 project

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
alexchiriac_adp
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Alex Chiriac
Company Details: Atelierul de puncte
Company Position Title: Architect
Linkedin Profile: No

Obtaining RAW data from Register360 project

Post by alexchiriac_adp »

Hello guys,

We are currently using RTC360 combined with Register360 to do our scanning jobs. I have a question regarding Register360 and whether it can export back the RAW data that I import from the RTC360. This would be very helpful for archiving purposes, so once you finish a project you only keep the .RAF archive and if by any chance you will later need to add some more scans to the job, you can simply export from the imported project and save some storage space. So, is there any way you can export from Register360 back into the scanner (RTC360)?

Thanks!

Alex Chiriac,
Architect and Co-Founder @Atelieruldepuncte.ro
Alex Chiriac,
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Obtaining RAW data from Register360 project

Post by geomontgomery »

duplicate
Last edited by geomontgomery on Fri May 19, 2023 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by geomontgomery »

Thank you for posting Alex,

It's kind of unclear what your question is based on your first post, but I'm guessing that you are asking if you can access scan data from an existing Register 360 project.

In the scenarios you stated, here are my thoughts:

* Once data is imported into Register360, it exists as a Register360 project, and you can't export the raw scan data back.
* A Register360 project can be archived, if needed, to preserve a current state of scan data.
* A Register360 project can also have save states, if you want to preserve specific states of the cloud.
* In an existing project, more data (setups/clouds) can be added, without reservation.

I hope this help, best regards,
alexchiriac_adp
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Alex Chiriac
Company Details: Atelierul de puncte
Company Position Title: Architect

Post by alexchiriac_adp »

It's kind of unclear what your question is based on your first post, but I'm guessing that you are asking if you can access scan data from an existing Register 360 project.
Thank you very much for your response. This clarified my questions about the workflow. So if I want to be able to have access to the state of older projects while using the Field360 I will have to keep the original RAW data backed up somewhere.

As a side question kind of related to my first post: if I have a backup of a FIELD360 project in my phone, but the data from the USB drive of the scanner is erased, will it somehow transfer anything back to the scanner? Maybe something like a "light" version of the scanning where I can see only the scan positions? I am asking this because I find it useful to be able to have an idea of where you scanned before if you ever need to go back to a site to add some zones that you didn`t scan fully, without needing to keep tons of GB of data. (example given: right now we are scanning a pretty big factory and we have around 2000+ scans already. Of course, when all the scanning will be ready, we might need to go here and there to add a few more scans where we will feel that we need higher coverage of all the pipes and equipment)
Alex Chiriac,
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

this makes me question do you want to keep everything in the field360 app?

never do this...

this is the safest solution.
-After scanning copy over the usb drive to a nas/local storage, delete from rtc usb.
-import that to register360 or cyclone register, i'd recommend using register360
-add several days of scanning to this register 360 project
-your phone and their storage is disposable since you copied the raw data from the usb...
-register your project
-export it
-archive your project (i hate this, but you should follow leica instructions unless you want to deep dive into register360 storage problems.)

we usually keep the last 2-3 days of scanning on the scanner for safety reason, if it not imported correctly or something like that.

If you really want to be on the safe side. your register360 project storage is also on a nas which is backed up regurarily. and has redundancy built in. that way your workstation is also disposable. (i think not many of you guys go to this far.)

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”