I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Tobias
Company Details: University Albstadt
Company Position Title: Researcher
Linkedin Profile: No

Hello from a Researcher Germany

Post by 3D-Tobias »

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. My Name is Tobias, I am a mechanical engineer and work in the research department of a smaller german university. My research focus is the industrial metaverse, what means things like digital twins of machines, technologies of AR/VR and I am also getting into the world of reality capturing (both photogrammetry and 3D Scanning). So, basically the whole world of 3D Technologies in the area of Engineering and/or Construction.
I am working with software like common CAD softwares but also advances development tools like Unity, Unreal Engine and currently also getting a dip into the Nvidia omniverse.
I have done a few smaller scan projects with our old Faro S120 (terrible slow machine btw).

I am currently thinking about starting a side business in this field and grow it for my time after research. I don't see myself in research in the long run, but I also don't really see myself working in a corporate environment in an office with 100 people doing pointless corporate sh*t from nine to five. I thought that 3D Scanning might be a good point to start, since I would have a good service for companies to start with. I also think it is not used widely enough.

I am happy to be here and looking forward to meet experts in the world of 3D Scanning, maybe also a few people who are in the business already and have some inspiring chats about new ideas, technologies and cool projects.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you are interested in what I do or if you might think I can help you with a project.

Cheers
Tobias
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren

Re: Hello from a Researcher Germany

Post by Jason Warren »

Hi Tobias,
Welcome to the Laser Scanning Forum... ;)
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
gord
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Gord Anderson
Company Details: tiyuti
Company Position Title: developer

Post by gord »

Hey Tobias,

Great intro - its an interesting and growing field .. welcome to the forum.

I hope we will soon see 3D buildings in web browser .. and of course AI will have massive impact.

Feel free to share any interesting projects,

gord
gord anderson
quato.xyz
RobM
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Robin Miller
Company Details: My own boss
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by RobM »

Hey Tobias,

well, first of all I think its great that you think about joining the team :-) there is massive potential in the field of scanning and especially AR/VR.
Starting your own company isnt going to be that easy as we've got many surveying companies offering the same thing already and it feels like more companies keep joining the gang rapidly right now.
Focusing on a unique selling point like the usage of game engines might be the way to go though :-)
If you ever want to chat you can hit me up on linkedin or give me a call.

Cheers from Worms (near Frankfurt)
Robin

Return to “Introductions”