Full Name: Clayton Bradshaw
Company Details: Wallace Group
Company Position Title: Director of Surveying
Linkedin Profile: Yes

X7 C2C Data Titled - Help

Post by claytonb8298 »

Hello All,

I am really in need of some help here.

No matter what we have tried the X7 data will not acceptability registered to the SX10. The Perspecitve in field georeferencing shows unacceptable high levels of vertical errors, bordering at about 0.2 feet over a project size that look like to plus signs '+' stacked on top of each other with the longest street corridor being about 500 feet on each side, east west, north south, more or less.

The error in the georeferencing is not due to the control. Each control point being used in the georeferencing of the X7 data has been measured several times from multiple independent and dependent locations and the control is within about 0.02 feet both horizontally and vertically based on a review of the multiple measurements.

The Perspective export and refine registration report is red hot and when the X7 scans are reviewed independent of any other information, this is one of the best C2C registered set of scans I have seen. No stratification, and scans blend horizontally and vertically one into the next, into the next one, etc, seamlessly.

Now to my assumption. I think what has happened is the X7 inclinometer may have issues and therefore what the X7 thought was a self leveling done correctly had some level of error in all the scans, there by tilting the project. Or that was my first guess. What I think really results when this happens, is that it isn't tilted, the level of each scan tied to the one before it becomes arced with nonlinear growth, possibly exponential.

I have never had this issue. Or equipment is well kept and field calibrated, culminated, etc before use.

I am hoping someone has some insight. Please help. This is about a week of work, 50 hours of field work, possibly that we can't fix maybe.

Thank you for all responses. I am hoping to hear maybe from someone at Trimble that really understands this stuff.
Attila
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Tóth Attila
Company Details: Rackarto Kft
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: rackarto
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: X7 C2C Data Titled - Help

Post by Attila »

I believe you have updated to the latest version of Perspective (3.0.1). There is an error when measuring the precision point. Try this: do a scan and then aim at any point with the laser dot. Go to the laser dot and use the small arrows to refine your aim. The laser point moves on the object, but the image on the tablet does not move. (In 80 percent of cases) In my opinion, you are using the wrong horizontal and vertical angles when calculating the precision point. The distance seems good.
There are two options:
1. You reinstall the previous version. Before that, save the existing projects in *.tdx.
2. You use this version 3.0.1, but you make the exact aim by tapping on the screen (very carefully). You don't use the arrows.

Return to “Trimble”