I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Luis Miguel
Company Details: Lmgumiel
Company Position Title: Lmgumiel
Skype Name: Lmgumiel
Linkedin Profile: Yes

BLK360 Incomplete Scan

Post by lmgumiel »

Good morning, lately I've been having problems with the BLK360.

Making scans in High quality (HDR or not, it's the same), it starts to make incomplete scans I show you in the photo. Although the scanner continues to do the whole process until it ends without giving any type of error.

With scans in Low and Medium Quality there are no problems and the first ones in High Quality either, it is as if the memory buffer fills up and stops storing data.

The files are incomplete whether you download from the tablet or from the BLK360.

Have you ever been to a similar situation? Thanks.
IMG-20220706-WA0004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Documentación, Rehabilitación y Difusión del Patrimonio Construido
www.bitraze.com
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Re: BLK360 Incomplete Scan

Post by gsisman »

lmgumiel wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:56 am Good morning, lately I've been having problems with the BLK360.

Making scans in High quality (HDR or not, it's the same), it starts to make incomplete scans I show you in the photo. Although the scanner continues to do the whole process until it ends without giving any type of error.

With scans in Low and Medium Quality there are no problems and the first ones in High Quality either, it is as if the memory buffer fills up and stops storing data.

The files are incomplete whether you download from the tablet or from the BLK360.

Have you ever been to a similar situation? Thanks.

IMG-20220706-WA0004.jpg

Had it happen multiple times over the last 5 years. Sometimes battery craps out or gets too low to complete the scan. Other times can't figure out the reason.
We very rarely "Trigger" the BLK now by the app .We set the push button settings and then push-button start and then download to the app through the download interface on the same screen you trigger it on. We have had LOTS less problems this way
lmgumiel
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by lmgumiel »

We have been in the BLK360 for a short time, with other equal BLK360 it had not happened to us.

We have done tests and the problem occurs both with the App, and if you scans directly with the button on the device.

At first we thought it was a temperature problem, but it has also happened to us indoors.
www.bitraze.com
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

lmgumiel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:52 pm We have been in the BLK360 for a short time, with other equal BLK360 it had not happened to us.

We have done tests and the problem occurs both with the App, and if you scans directly with the button on the device.

At first we thought it was a temperature problem, but it has also happened to us indoors.
Are you regularly dumping the scans off the BLK? It isn't getting too full in the on-board memory is it?
Obviously if you have a big job you may want to scan, but you are not going to scan like you do with the RTC. EVEN if you are moving fast, in Hi res with LDR photos you'll probably get 80 scans a day tops which is more than the BLK can store I believe HDR photos add even more storage
lmgumiel
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by lmgumiel »

gsisman wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:00 pm
lmgumiel wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:52 pm We have been in the BLK360 for a short time, with other equal BLK360 it had not happened to us.

Are you regularly dumping the scans off the BLK? It isn't getting too full in the on-board memory is it?
Obviously if you have a big job you may want to scan, but you are not going to scan like you do with the RTC. EVEN if you are moving fast, in Hi res with LDR photos you'll probably get 80 scans a day tops which is more than the BLK can store I believe HDR photos add even more storage
This occurs even with the internal memory cleared. so that's not the problem
www.bitraze.com

Return to “Leica Geosystems”