I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Oliver W Doyle
Company Details: ErkinaSurvey
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

PROBLEM: X7 vs MX7

Post by ollydoyle »

Hello

We recently got 9Km of Streets in Ireland in ITM scanned By Subcontractor with a MX9. There were 3 areas that they couldn't drive into, so I went with the X7

We check the Mobile Mapping by comparing it against some Topo surveys with overlapping data we had done over the years.

The Mobile Mapping was locked on 120 GPS ctrl point, and there was also Ctrl Points done at the same time for the X7 Scan areas, off the same base station. Accuracy was checked at the end of the day, sub 10mm

X7 data was imported into Trimble and the Scale factor was applied correctly, we verified this.

When comparing the X7 data to the MX9, there is a 60mm error in position on all 3 separate areas,

Anyone Have ideas to why???
Last edited by ollydoyle on Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
X7->Perspective->Realwork->Trimble Business Center
BLK360->Cyclone register 360 or RecapPro
3dReshaper
Metashape
Rivit and Autocad

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X::NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080::64 GB RAM
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: PROBLEM: X7 vs MX7

Post by smacl »

ollydoyle wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:16 pm Hello

We recently got 9Km of Streets in Portarlington, County Offaly, Ireland scanned By Korec with a MX9. There were 3 areas that they couldn't drive into, so I went with the X7

We check the Mobile Mapping by comparing it against some Topo surveys with overlapping data we had done over the years.

The Mobile Mapping was locked on 120 GPS ctrl point, and there was also Ctrl Points done at the same time for the X7 Scan areas, off the same base station. Accuracy was checked at the end of the day, sub 10mm

X7 data was imported into Trimble and the Scale factor was applied correctly, we verified this.

When comparing the X7 data to the MX9, there is a 60mm error in position on all 3 separate areas,

Anyone Have ideas to why???
If you've got control to 10mm and previous overlapping topo work, first thing I'd do is check a few points of hard detail on both mobile mapping and terrestrial scans to see which one the error is in. I'm guessing for Portarlington your are in ITM for your grid. In this case I'd check the geodetic coordinates of one or two of your GPS points against their Cartesian values using the OSi converter. Could be that one of the geodetic conversions being used is a lower accuracy one, as ITM isn't well supported outside Ireland.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module

Return to “Trimble”