V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Any solutions to anonymize faces in 360 pictures from e57/fls files

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

smacl wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:14 am
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:23 pmIsn't this the ideal job for a college student. Pay the bugger the minimum per hour. Let's say he does 50 scans an hour => 60 hours = 1.5 weeks. With one months wage you're off the hook.
50 scans an hour, that's just 72 seconds per scan / photo including loading and saving time! College students in the Netherlands are clearly more industrious than those here in Ireland ;) While not a big fan of outsourcing work to less well off countries, if you were going to get someone else to do this type of work manually, I'd be looking to a country with lower wages and a company with some experience in this type of activity.
I'm Belgian, no Dutch dude ;-)

Of course outsourcing could be done which many do with cleaning up pointclouds as well. There are always solutions which don't break the bank
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
blazaj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jiri Blazek
Company Details: BW precision systems sro
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by blazaj »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:23 pmIsn't this the ideal job for a college student. Pay the bugger the minimum per hour. Let's say he does 50 scans an hour => 60 hours = 1.5 weeks. With one months wage you're off the hook.
50 scans an hour, that's just 72 seconds per scan / photo including loading and saving time! College students in the Netherlands are clearly more industrious than those here in Ireland ;) While not a big fan of outsourcing work to less well off countries, if you were going to get someone else to do this type of work manually, I'd be looking to a country with lower wages and a company with some experience in this type of activity.
You would have to send the original scans with all the unanonymized data to less well off countries first. That somehow go against the original purpose or am I wrong?
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

blazaj wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:43 am
You would have to send the original scans with all the unanonymized data to less well off countries first. That somehow go against the original purpose or am I wrong?
Who cares anyway. Do they realy think people go looking at folks when using the scans. This privacy stuff is getting annoying. Everyone is on facebook or tiktok with their butt naked :lol:
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Just a follow up to the website I linked, they can't work with e57 or fls files. Only the .bmp export from Scene. They charge enough that doing the edit manually from scene directly would be cheaper.

This still involves right clicking each scan to do the export....no way to batch export. The batch export is for a .png that is not compatible for a ''replace color overlay'' in scene. You need to export a .bmp format scan by scan in scene. Then send the files over to the website, wait for anonymized images, pay a fee, downlaod new images, then right click replace each scans 1 by 1 in scene...it is faster to just open and edit scans directly in scene 1by1 :(

Guess that is what we will be doing and we will only have to hope scene introduces anonymizing within the processing options one day. We do not get this request often enough to involve a programmer.
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor

Post by jedfrechette »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:45 pm This still involves right clicking each scan to do the export....no way to batch export. The batch export is for a .png that is not compatible for a ''replace color overlay'' in scene. You need to export a .bmp format scan by scan in scene.
I really wish Scene had a scripting language for automating it's UI functions. It would save so much pain in these types of situations and make it much easier to use in a pipeline with other applications.

We run in to similar situations where we need to export data with very specific settings. It would be great to write a simple wrapper around Scene's export function that enforces the settings we need. Instead we need to rely on the user to carefully check their export settings and then validate the output files after they've been exported. Inevitably, mistakes are sometimes made and things need to be reexported slowing the process down.
Jed
BrianBrill
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Brian
Company Details: Mountain Graphix
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by BrianBrill »

I really wish Faro would just create a batch Export Overlay function! … Anyone out there develop a batch export plug-in?

Return to “General Chat”