Unstructured Point Cloud in Register 360

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Unstructured Point Cloud in Register 360

Post by gsisman »

Kruse wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:52 pm
Dsmith1001 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:59 pm
paulfilip wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:27 pm I too am looking for an answer to this question. More precisely how to merge a photogrammetric point cloud created in Agisoft Metashape, from drone pictures, into Cyclone Register 360 with a structured scan from a BLK360 scanner. My first try was to import an E57 file into Cyclone but the software presented me with an error message saying “No setups were imported from the given scanner datasources.” Is it possible to link a structured and an unstructured scan in Cyclone, or just in CloudCompare?
It is possible, we have done it before. We just cant get it to work again! I hope someone knows how to accomplish this. Would be really useful. When we did it we were just playing around with it - just like you are trying to do we imported a point cloud into Reg. 360 from the photogrammetry captured with our drone.
Later today I'll try the LAS on my end as well. I typically don't deal with those files all that much, but I do have a couple I received from a Trimble scanner a while back (I think they were exported out of RealWorks). I'll try importing those and see if I have any issues. I feel like it should be a simple fix on Leica's end to simply drag and drop the LAS/RCS/e57 for import and not have them come in as attachments.
I did this exact exercise yesterday with an Aerial LAS file. It works. I would try using the files import dialogue instead of the drag & Drop. We have had trouble before with the Drag and Drop on some versions. When you need to register together you can create a custom waypoint in Reg 360 in the area of the overlap with your structured According to the release notes this will create a 50m C2C area within the unstructured data in a radius around your created waypoint to be able to register your structured data to.
Dsmith1001
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Dennis Smith
Company Details: Quest 3D Solutions Quest Fire Analysis
Company Position Title: Director of Reality Capture and Mapping

Re: Unstructured Point Cloud in Register 360

Post by Dsmith1001 »

Thank you for your response! I will give it a shot again here pretty soon. Another question- I may be losing my mind here but we were modeling a job we scanned and combined with a UAV point cloud in Recap pro. We noticed that after bringing the pc into civil there was a discrepancy between landmarks in each point cloud. So after digging into this further we realized that Register360 is applying some type of scale or outright changing the imported control. Any ideas? Pretty frustrating, after triple checking that the control file was in fact correct and is changed after importing.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”