I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Kruse
Company Details: HPCC
Company Position Title: Lead VDC Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: New Version of Cyclone 2022.0.0 & Reg 360 2022.0.0 released

Post by Kruse »

gsisman wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:56 am
badam wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:31 am Well i don't remember that the release note says that it is not backward compatible with 2021 releases., but what you do is not proper.

Reg360 cannot differentiate the same project but different source directory what reg360 does is just loop through every connected folder and tries to find a directory with the proper GUID named folder if that finds it then it uses that. End of story.

So if you have multiple connected folder with the same project then it is very luck based which is used... what you usually do is a slow and not safe process... don't recommend this way. The best solution is to have different server database for every single project and just use move them to the proper location if somebody wants to open that project. If he/she is done then move back the server db to the nas, in a directory so they can know it is free to open (because there is a a serverdb file for that project). I just wanted to ask isn't it slow to open register 360 where there are a lot of connected project? Because it was in the older releases.

We do it like this 2 years ago. And had no problems at all, there is no reconnect/fast archive/archive time. Even for projects with more then 1000 setup.
Adam,

You are correct about the GUID in the Work Storage directory. And I discovered that one project from one directory "MASKING" another identical GUID but unmerged project in another directory.
We did what you are describing for 2 years before they came out with the "RECONNECT" feature. We swapped ServerDB's on the NAS constantly using the method you described. The RECONNECT feature was a direct outcome of not wanting to do that with multiple workstations of Reg 360 and ONE master storage directory on the NAS. The first version took forever because it would read and connect every project in the folder. We were not sure which REG360 project items were stored in WHICH serverDB several years ago (The local PROGAM DATA ServerDB or the Project folder ServerDB), but you couldn't keep a resident ServerDB (the one in the Program Data fiolder) tied to one machine. Now you can.
The RECONNECT allows you to reconnect the project you want to work in on workstation A that had been disconnected by a technician last working on the same project on Workstation B. And by highlighting the UNCONNECTED projects in the directory in Red it allows you to choose the project/s that you want to reconnect. That is our workflow. If you move the GUID ID folder out of the Working Storage into an Alpha identifiable Folder it breaks the link pointers in the ServerDB (Project Library DB) and allows you to remove it from the Project library (Removing the DB line from the ServerDB NOT deleting the project which has already been moved (Similar to the FAST ARCHIVE).
I agree it is slow to open when you have a lot of connected files, but they don't have to be all activated, which speeds things up

Any way just started to wend my way through the EXTENSIVE release notes and hit this paragraph that makes this update worth it just for this one items but there are many more enhancements. UNSTRUCTURED DATA FULLY SUPPORTED

https://www.screencast.com/t/HFVoSp3rzycS

Have you tried bringing in an RCS file into register yet? I had to create a RCP through recap and then drag and drop that file into register 360. Then it will create a single setup which can be linked. After it imports, it's really strange because it only imports slices of the data every foot or so. Plan view looks like a bunch of slices that run east/west... Really curious to see if anyone has any luck with bringing in an RCS since I've got a big project coming up where I'll need to do exactly that.

I'm working on a list for Leica tech support because it has a ton of bugs that I've already encountered unfortunately. Hopefully a patch comes out soon.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

Kruse wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:09 am
Have you tried bringing in an RCS file into register yet? I had to create a RCP through recap and then drag and drop that file into register 360. Then it will create a single setup which can be linked. After it imports, it's really strange because it only imports slices of the data every foot or so. Plan view looks like a bunch of slices that run east/west... Really curious to see if anyone has any luck with bringing in an RCS since I've got a big project coming up where I'll need to do exactly that.

I'm working on a list for Leica tech support because it has a ton of bugs that I've already encountered unfortunately. Hopefully a patch comes out soon.
Can you share your buglist here if you finalized it? I'll also share it if i had time to take a look at it. Not just bugs but every Features which is annoying like:
Shift+T for topview
fit.
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Petr Vaverka
Company Details: Survey and laser scan company
Company Position Title: owner

Post by fit. »

should I instal the new 2022.0.0. version or should I keep the 2021.1.0 for now? - using the REG360 BLK edition.

cheers
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

fit. wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:17 am should I instal the new 2022.0.0. version or should I keep the 2021.1.0 for now? - using the REG360 BLK edition.

cheers
well based on the beta i tested earlier it should be superior to 2021.1.0 in terms of performance, but it depends on your use case. Install it on a test machine and try out some functions which you use daily. I'll post some issues later, if you don't want to test it.

however 2021.1.2 is still newer then the 2021.1.0 and has some bugfixes. why didn't you updated that version earlier? But we are still using 2020.1 and not planning to upgrade just for testing purposes. :lol:
fit.
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Petr Vaverka
Company Details: Survey and laser scan company
Company Position Title: owner

Post by fit. »

badam wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:45 am
fit. wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:17 am should I instal the new 2022.0.0. version or should I keep the 2021.1.0 for now? - using the REG360 BLK edition.

cheers
well based on the beta i tested earlier it should be superior to 2021.1.0 in terms of performance, but it depends on your use case. Install it on a test machine and try out some functions which you use daily. I'll post some issues later, if you don't want to test it.

however 2021.1.2 is still newer then the 2021.1.0 and has some bugfixes. why didn't you updated that version earlier? But we are still using 2020.1 and not planning to upgrade just for testing purposes. :lol:
I know there will always be bugs in the SW - and that is the reason why I haven't upgrade to 2021.1.2, because the version I use right now, works just fine. but I thought, maybe an year between SW versions might bring some new funcions, fixed old functions and maybe it will run a bit faster.

I might give it a try. I can always downgrade, right.
sim.herrod
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Simeon Herrod
Company Details: Terra Measurement Limited
Company Position Title: 3D Data Manager

Post by sim.herrod »

cheers
I always give new releases a few months for other people to find the issues...and there are generally issues that get found.
James Hall
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James E Hall
Company Details: Dewberry Engineering Inc
Company Position Title: Survey Technician - Cyclone Modeler

Post by James Hall »

gsisman wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:48 pm BTW just by looking at the release notes you can see where Leica Development time is being invested
13 pages for Cyclone Core
59 pages for Register 360

You guys that run Cyclone core and not just Reg360 (most of you that are Leica System users); better take a look at pages 8-13 of the KNOWN ISSUES in this "Beta-0.0 First Release"
KNOWN ISSUES
Importing P-Series data with FIELD 360

This seams like it would be a high priority to fix.
CmacManus
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ciara MacManus
Company Details: FarrimondMacManus Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by CmacManus »

Looks like Core its not compatible with Win11 at moment, which is frustrating! We have a new hi-spec laptop just purchased for registrations etc. Preinstalled with Win11 and crashes just as main window loads. Looks like it's trying to load 'servers' and falls over. Reg360 seems ok but we like to work in Cyclone Core too. Will be a faff to install down to Win10. :-(

Ciara
Dirkie2710
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Dirkie Uys
Company Details: Landpartners
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Skype Name: duaus

Post by Dirkie2710 »

Hold on to your horses guys. Surely you can't expect Leica to fix ALL the issues. I mean it's not like you're paying for it or need it to work effectively to get something done...

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gsisman »

CmacManus wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:59 pm Looks like Core its not compatible with Win11 at moment, which is frustrating! We have a new hi-spec laptop just purchased for registrations etc. Preinstalled with Win11 and crashes just as main window loads. Looks like it's trying to load 'servers' and falls over. Reg360 seems ok but we like to work in Cyclone Core too. Will be a faff to install down to Win10. :-(

Ciara
I was told in the last day or so that Reg 360 does not support Windows 11 yet either.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”