I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Anthony Milou
Company Details: Milou and Associates
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cyclone Register 360 - Deleting Points

Post by AnthonyM »

Hi, Recent user of Cyclone Register 360, everything seems intuitive so far, one thing I have found strange however is if I try to hide certain scans using "show/hide setup clouds" and then try and delete points from the scans that are still visible the result apparently is as expected with only the points from the visible scans being deleted (i.e. make all scans now visible in the bundle cloud and the scans that were previously hidden still now retain all their points in the selected area deleted). The issue is however if the project is saved, closed and re-opened, the points from all the scans unfortunately now appear to be deleted in the area selected. Has anyone else been able to replicate this? The only work around I can see is to then restore the deleted points from the scans you wish to keep (right click on the specific scans you want to restore points from and select "Restore Deleted Points"). The other work around is to simply go to the "Setup Cloud" for each and every scan I want to delete points from and repeat the deletion process process for each scan individually; I knew this but the show/hide function seemed to be a faster way to collectively delete points from multiple selected scans at once.

You may also ask why would you want to delete points from only some scans and not all points for a selected area; in my case for a certain section of a building some of the scans have their points coloured very differently (due to distance) than the scans which are taken much closer to the building and I wanted to delete just the points from the distant scans causing the issue. Any help understanding this appreciated, thanks.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Cyclone Register 360 - Deleting Points

Post by badam »

that is a known bug, at least we know it, and our sales rep as well. Justbforget the hide show setup. delete points in bundle or smaller bundles or by setup.

i'm just curious how could you use that show hide setup it is just inconvienient (especially if you have a larger bundle) to use and not faster at all then deleting by setup...

we always deletes by setup, only vegetations are deleted in bundle usually.
AnthonyM
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Anthony Milou
Company Details: Milou and Associates
Company Position Title: Director

Post by AnthonyM »

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes will keep this in mind and delete by setup from now on.

Hopefully they can fix the bug at some point as you mention. It would also be great by the way if they made the show/hide function more convenient as there is a lot of potential there. At the very least make it possible to see which of your scans you have made hidden and which are not, rather than try and remember :) In the same way other software such as Photoshop have for example the eye icon so you could now see at a glance which scans are hidden/closed and which are visible/open, just seems intuitive to add some visual cues to make your actions more obvious.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

AnthonyM wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:05 pm Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes will keep this in mind and delete by setup from now on.

Hopefully they can fix the bug at some point as you mention. It would also be great by the way if they made the show/hide function more convenient as there is a lot of potential there. At the very least make it possible to see which of your scans you have made hidden and which are not, rather than try and remember :) In the same way other software such as Photoshop have for example the eye icon so you could now see at a glance which scans are hidden/closed and which are visible/open, just seems intuitive to add some visual cues to make your actions more obvious.
I just couldn't imagine a real world use case for that hide show setup, yeah you don't know which one shown, which one hidden, if you hide everything how can show them again, it is just confusing, and we are still using 2020 because of perfomance issues in 2021.

and still if you have hundreds of setup you won't switch on/off setups in the tree never,ever.
daniel.jansson
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Daniel Jansson
Company Details: Teodoliten Mätteknik AB
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Consultant

Post by daniel.jansson »

I must disagree with the use case not being there. I would love this feature to work as well. It would make it so much easier to remove reflections.
Just select all scans outside the building>show selected>delete everything within the walls, done. Instead of either going through 50 setups individually selecting the same part. Or removing 10 links to split the bundle and the re-add all of them going individually via visual alignment.

This is also such an easy feature and no ground breaking stuff and is basically available in every single software in some way. This should be a simple thing to add without affecting other features development roadmap.

I would rather say I can't really see a use case for not having this feature.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

daniel.jansson wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:50 pm I must disagree with the use case not being there. I would love this feature to work as well. It would make it so much easier to remove reflections.
Just select all scans outside the building>show selected>delete everything within the walls, done. Instead of either going through 50 setups individually selecting the same part. Or removing 10 links to split the bundle and the re-add all of them going individually via visual alignment.

This is also such an easy feature and no ground breaking stuff and is basically available in every single software in some way. This should be a simple thing to add without affecting other features development roadmap.

I would rather say I can't really see a use case for not having this feature.
after import register the whole exterior then clean it up it is faster (because you have less setup) you have the same ability box and clean... same with the interior register after import then clean up. if everything is cleaned then just register the bigger bundles together.

it is much more hassle to select specific scans later to just clean... especially if we talking about huge amount of setups i mean 1500-2000...

if you change the order of things it will be a useless feature. and you won't be in situations when the program just do it all wrong.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”