leegreen
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lee Green
Company Details: Lee Green Consulting
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: Faro EXTERNAL CAM - First Impressions and Screenshots

Post by leegreen »

I believe the intended use of the Ricoh Z color camera will be part of the Faro SWIFT system. Where you perform 5 , 10 or 15 second scans in a stop-n-go routine. The Ricoh Z will add color with no wasted time. Obviously in 5 seconds you have no time to elude the camera or the scan. However Faro has thought if this. The SWIFT system removes the operator immediately behind the scan cart. Each scan is pre configured to something like a 330° scan, that excludes the area behind the ScanPlan and SWIFT cart.
sph8391
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: stefan haenggi
Company Details: Geo Science SA
Company Position Title: Geo Science SA
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Faro EXTERNAL CAM - First Impressions and Screenshots

Post by sph8391 »

Justin Richards wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:40 pm
geoscience wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:36 am Goodday
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I would like to know if the onsite registration witht the external camera works properly? We found it very difficult due to the fact that the 1st scan will be registered properly unfortunately afterwards 2nd scan and 3rd scan are impossible. The latest scene version got stuck and we have to restart the programme. Thank you
I hardly ever use onsite registration but the color shouldn't make a difference. If you are having issues between 1, 2, and 3 I would recommend checking your Onsite Registration settings on the scanner, making sure your scans are close enough, and to use targets in areas where other registration methods may not work well.
Thank you. Onsite is working, but you have to deactivate automatic coloration and point cloud generation with Panorama camera. Otherwise scene will be stuck and has to be restarted. I guess is a programming bug and should be fixed within comming updates.
What we also recognized is that during onsite scanning with onsite and panocam it takes much longer to transfer, import and progress date. Seems also being some kind of software bug.

Return to “FARO”