Which one better?

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
Oz4n
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ozan Avuç
Company Details: Freelancer
Company Position Title: Reverse Engineering
Skype Name: ozanavuc
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Which one better?

Post by Oz4n »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:48 pm Im assuming we are talking about pointcloud to bim here. I personnaly didnt like the tools within solidworks to work with a pointcloud,even with the pluggin. I tend to work with what I think is best and for me its autocad 3d. I just got very good with the ucs and all the types of extrusions and I like its overall compatibility, I also mapped a lot of maccros to speedrun myself to a final result,typing and clicking commands is very slow. Tools for manipulating a pointcloud are great. Overall you just have to get to know all the bugs and work arround them. I mix my work with edgewise. Edgewise for pipping / structural(often work with existing plans for the real elements names/diameter) then autocad for the more abstract forms(concrete, etc.) I can get a model out very quickly. Most models I do is for clash purpose or they often need a quick bim(no annotations needed) and not a pointcloud for their project. I dont do ISO bim models with annotations, only very quick BIM models. Others might have much better workflow,this is mine.
Yes, most of these are valid in our field too. I have never done any work on BIM but i going to try Revit.
Oz4n
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Oz4n »

Bohdan gutnyk wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:05 pm
Oz4n wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:08 am Hello everyone, I'm a cad modeler. I'm using Solidworks since 11 years. I like learning constantly, so I have to always look for better.

I am using Geomagic Design X since two years. I wondered which one better? So, Do we have one better for reverse cad? My old friend said Delcam Powershape (for now Autodesk) do you think about powershape or another software?
Hi Oz4n,
Can you tell what are you looking for the best software for? As far as I understand you are doing reverse engineering using a point cloud, right?
Like many others here, I work more in Revit, Autocad and Arhicad, since we do architectural or mep projects in most cases.
Now our company is looking towards the development of new directions, so we began to study Siemens NX for reverse engineering. The price is expensive, but looks very promising in terms of modeling and part analysis capabilities. Have you tried it? Can you say something about the comparison with SolidWorks?

UPD. I saw that you are making models of military equipment. I used to make a photogrammetry model of helicopters and airplanes. Here is a small example of a high poly model that I made before
youtu.be/xextgx0ZBQc . If you need data like this for modeling, I have a lot of scanned military aircraft.
Hi Bohdan,
Yes, you are right for my job. I guess i can try Revit.

Siemens NX a superior program according to solidworks. For anydata You can do reverse enginnering in NX but you can maybe in solidworks because solidworks not suitable for it. NX has reverse enginnerin tools in itself but solidworks needs a add.

if you want to compare, you can compare NX and Catia.

I think these programs have a class.

Very complicated work: Catia, NX
Compicated works: Solidworks, Inventor
Basic works: Fushion 360 and such

We can think like.
Oz4n
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Oz4n »

Mike Annear wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:04 pm Rhino 3D of course :)
Try making this Plane from Autocad or Revit.
It is from a pointcloud.
This is a very professional cad, looks great. Rhino is complicated for solidworks user. I dont know rhino reverse enginnering tools. I will investigate this, thanks a lot.

Return to “CAD Software”