I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Matt Towle
Company Details: Lewis Brown Chartered Land Surveyors
Company Position Title: Engineering Laser Scanning Surveyor

Re: Camera for P40

Post by matu78 »

Majid_noori wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:53 am
Ioannis wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:08 am Anyone tried theta z1 or similar solution like nctech in order to colouring pointcloud with p40. It’s many months since we last discuss this topic and I would like to know if anyone find a better solution.
I have been using Z1, there still remains a bit of parallax but very quick solution when you are not fussed about accurate results and just coloured point cloud.
Cheers
MAJID
Hi Majid,
How does the Z1 mount to match the nodal point?
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Scott.Warren »

The 360 Cameras (Theta/Z1) aren't going to be a part of a nodal ninja type system.

They already see a 360 degree sphere, so they don't need to be attached to anything moving.

They Do need to be mounted at as close a height and position to where the lasers come out. I'm working on this myself, 3D printing an adapter for a tribrach, so the camera will always be at the height of the scanners aperture/mirror.

360 cameras only take 1 sec to take an ok-ish 360 image, better than 7-10minutes, but you will get some parallax.
JNally
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Joe Nally
Company Details: EPS
Company Position Title: Lead Surveyor

Post by JNally »

Morning,

For those currently using the Nodal Ninja with a P-Series. What camera and lens are you using? I’m looking to buy new. The last camera I had for it was a Nikon D850 which is now a dated camera, and a D200 before that which is now a museum piece. Also the lens I used with it is now discontinued.

Quality is a priority. I’m firm on using the Nodal Ninja as I’m familiar with the workflow with cyclone and always happy with the stitching.

I have been in contact with my local supplier who says this is somewhat out of their realm. Also in direct contact with Leica who have referred mainly back to their white paper on it from 10 years ago. So I’m looking for real world actual use.

Thanks,
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -

Post by Ioannis »

From my experience I have bought a robotic noda pixploere head that give fantastic results but if you calculate total time for processing its better to buy from Leica external camera option for P40.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”