Carlson Begins 2020 With The Release Of Scan2K Terrestrial Scanner

Post any articles or web links that directly relate to laser scanning that you feel other users would deem interesting.
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Carlson Begins 2020 With The Release Of Scan2K Terrestrial Scanner

Post by Jason Warren »

HERSHEY, Pa., U.S.A. (January 14, 2020) — At the Pennsylvania Society of Land Surveyors’ 2020 Conference, Carlson Software announced the release of its Scan2K Laser Scanner, a versatile, fast, easy-to-use solution for the creation of accurate 3D survey data up to a range of “2K” (2,000) meters.

Carlson’s Bradley Husack, Special Projects Engineer, and Michael Hyman, Regional Director with the Scan2K at the Pennsylvania Society of Land Surveyors’ conference

Built with surveyors in mind, the Scan2K is at home in the field with its weather-proof housing, user-friendly sunlight-visible touch screen interface with simple, menu-driven operations for quickly collecting and georeferencing point cloud data. With an integrated high-resolution camera, inclinometers, a compass, and an L1 GNSS receiver, the Scan2K can be deployed in many environments and orientations, including mobile operations.

Carlson’s partner on the Scan2K project is Teledyne Optech, a world leader in 3D survey systems. Carlson will be the exclusive global distributor of the OEM Scan2K solution.

“The Scan2K addresses the diverse range of applications for a laser scanner in the surveying and mining industries,” says Bradley Husack, a Special Projects Engineer at Carlson. “Carlson is bringing to market an all-in-one solution that now leads the market in versatility, speed, and value.”

Beyond its impressive 2,000 meter range, the Scan2K also has short- and medium-range modes, as well as the capability to record over 500,000 points per second, all within the chosen scanning target window. Additionally, each laser pulse from the Scan2K records up to four returns, providing the capability to record the first return for a blocking object (such as a leaf) as well as the last return for an object behind it (such as a wall), and the versatility to exclude one or the other.

The Carlson Scan2K comes bundled with ATLAScan software, a powerful yet simple solution for registering the point cloud, as well as Carlson Point Cloud Advanced for feature extraction into Carlson’s suite of CAD office products.

The Scan2K comes ready to be equipped with an additional external camera, an external GNSS receiver, or for mobile operation.

Whether on a tripod, a vehicle, or another moving platform, the outstanding performance offered by the Scan2K easily makes it the most versatile terrestrial laser scanner on the market.

The Carlson Scan2K’s simple, sunlight-visible touchscreen interface

For more information about the Carlson Scan2k, contact your local Carlson representative or Carlson dealer, www.carlsonsw.com/where-to-purchase or call Carlson at 606-564-5028.

Carlson Software Inc. specializes in CAD design software, field data collection, laser measurement, and machine control products for the civil engineering, surveying, GIS, construction, and mining industries worldwide, providing one-source technology solutions for the entire project cycle. Carlson Software is headquartered in Maysville, Ky., U.S.A., with branch offices in Boston, Mass.; Almere, The Netherlands; Brisbane, Australia; Ottawa, Canada; and York, England.

Teledyne Optech is the world leader in high-accuracy lidar 3D survey systems, integrated cameras, and productivity-enhancing workflows. With operations and staff worldwide, Teledyne Optech supports its clients with an around-the-clock team, on-site service, and regular efficiency enhancements to the workflow of its integrated systems. Accuracy and productivity matter!Carlson Scan2K with integrated digital cameras and L1 GNSS
More details at:
http://www.carlsonsw.com/archives/carls ... l-scanner/
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development

Re: Carlson Begins 2020 With The Release Of Scan2K Terrestrial Scanner

Post by VXGrid »

I thought it looks like a Polaris from Teledyne, then I saw this section :lol:

Jason Warren wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am [...]
Teledyne Optech is the world leader in high-accuracy lidar 3D survey systems, integrated cameras, and productivity-enhancing workflows. With operations and staff worldwide, Teledyne Optech supports its clients with an around-the-clock team, on-site service, and regular efficiency enhancements to the workflow of its integrated systems. Accuracy and productivity matter!Carlson Scan2K with integrated digital cameras and L1 GNSS
[...]
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by Scott »

It's nice to see a new vehicle on the lot, but how do the images look and compare with the competition? The hardware design, functionality, and work flow are all part of the package, but it's the image quality that matters the most to this user...let's see some.
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Scott.Warren »

Scott wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:09 pm It's nice to see a new vehicle on the lot, but how do the images look and compare with the competition? The hardware design, functionality, and work flow are all part of the package, but it's the image quality that matters the most to this user...let's see some.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
lewelda
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Darren Llewellyn
Company Details: NBCC Engineering Department
Company Position Title: GNSS GIS Geomatics Instructor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by lewelda »

Just wondering if this Scan2K is ready a contender in the Mid to Long Range Scanner market. I would agree the workflow is one of the biggest issue now with hardware. I was having a hard time finding and comparisons against the contenders for this project. Anyone done some research they can share?

Return to “Articles, Webinars & Links”