Combining Projects - Origin reverts

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
A_Axelsson
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Anders Axelsson
Company Details: DynaMate AB
Company Position Title: Head of Reality Capture
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Combining Projects - Origin reverts

Post by A_Axelsson »

Hi All,
Having problems when combing two projects scanned in the same local at different times.

Both are scanned and registered with measured targets (in other software), BUT the first scan project was made with a local coordinate system, and the second scanning registered using a transformed coordinate system, by customers choice.

The first scan project was later transformed using the registration functionality in ReCap by adding survey points, and calculating the corresponding coordinate of the transformed coordinate system.
No problems there, and everything under control so far.

If opened in Navis, or in AutoCAD, both projects appear as the should, and in the right places.

The problem is, when combining the two projects in ReCap, the first project reverts to its original origin, and they appear in different places.

I could solve this by going back to the beginning by re-registering the first project from scratch, and going through all the import/transform/export/import into ReCap/cleanup/make Regions/etc. once more.. but I'd rather not.

What I would like is some way to set the new created origin as the "World-UCS" in ReCap..

Any suggestions?
//Anders
_camuz
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Carlos Eugenio Cabrera Muñoz
Company Details: CAMUZ
Company Position Title: CEO

Re: Combining Projects - Origin reverts

Post by _camuz »

I'm having a similar issue.

I've scanned a large site and had to register it by area. After I register the projects into 1. Some scan points are shifting it's place. When I import different .rcs into the main project and register them. My previous scan locations are shifting!

It's a complete mess with ReCap.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

You can try saving as the rcp? I feel the registration part in recap is what is messing this up. Modified coordinates are not saved within the rcs files in the support folder (same issue if you update the orgine with the integrated tool in recap). I think, but didnt test it,that doing a "save as" could fix this. Or if that doesnt work export an e57 complete and reimport that in the rcp.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Recap is viewing software only. I never would use this for registration, it's crap.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”