Full Name: Nino Skupnjak
Company Details: SKIMI64
Company Position Title: procurator
Linkedin Profile: Yes

SCENE 2022 - General topic

Post by ProCro »

Scene 2022 is out - https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/FARO_SCENE/SCENE

New Features:

•FARO Focus Premium scans and projects are now supported.
In the 3D view of scan point clouds or project point clouds you can undo and redo deletions. -> hooray :mrgreen:
•The graphic user interface is now available in Korean and Vietnamese. The SCENE user manualswill be published in Korean and Vietnamese on the FARO Knowledge Base(see also section Further Changes).

Improvements:

•The graphic user interface has beenmodernized to match the look and feel of other FARO software products. The interface design has also been improved toincrease ease-of-use and user-friendliness.
•The Import Objects button in the Import toolbar was removed. In its place, there are two new buttons, one for importing mesh objects and another for importing external reference points.

Further Changes:

•SCENE 2022.0 isthe first release without theLSSDK. FARO will no longer release the FARO LS SDKand it will no longerbepart of the SCENE installers. However, you can still use the formerSDK. It will also read FARO Focus Premiumdata in processed SCENE projects. If you need the SDK for your processes, download the latestSDK from the FARO Knowledge Base.For new implementationswhere you need to read and process FARO Focus PremiumRAW data or remotely control the FARO Focus PremiumScanner, please use the SCENE C++ API or the new LSWebAPI for Focus Scanners.
•The SCENE installation will only contain the English PDF user manual. The translated user manualswill bepublishedon the FARO Knowledge Base. Users can accessthe FARO Knowledge Base from within SCENE via a new button in the Help toolbar.
•SD card importof scan projects is disabled in SCENE LT.

Bug Fixes

•SC-6117: Exporting a project point cloud with large coordinates in RCS or RCP format resultedin a diminished point cloud. Resolution: This issue has been fixed.
•SC-6584: Some dialogs and messages were not translated. Resolution: The missing translations were added.
•SC-6597: Deleting scan points of a selection in the 3D view of raw scans also deleted the 2D image data (color and reflection) from the Quick View and the Planar View. Resolution: The 2D image data, i. e. reflectionand colordata, is only deleted in the PlanarView and theQuick View. The data is not deleted in the 3D view.
•SC-6695: SCENE process log files contained numerous entries with error 29 without any obvious reason. Resolution: The error reporting was fixed.
•SC-6731: Selecting scan points in the 3D view of a cluster sometimes caused the 3D view to flicker. Resolution: This issue has been fixed.
•SC-6746: Exporting data from a selection or from an active clipping box in RCS or RCP format failed with error 18.Resolution: This error has been fixed.
•SC-6778: Calling the SCENE API function colorizeScan() for unloaded scans did not work as expected. While it did not return an error message, it did not add color. Resolution: The automatic loading and unloading of scans was fixed.
•SC-6779: Calling the SCENE API function colorizeScan() did not work for PanoCam scans. Resolution: This issue has been fixed.
•SC-6804: Plug-in app icons are sometimes duplicated after refreshing the Apps category. Resolution: This issue has been fixed.
•SC-6811: Starting the registration optimization as cloud-to-cloud optimization sometimes caused the subsampling slider on the Select Method page to show NaN. As a result, the registration failed without returning an error message. Resolution: This issue has been fixed.
Marcin_PL
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Marcin Kaźmierczak
Company Details: MP-Skany
Company Position Title: president

Re: SCENE 2022 - General topic

Post by Marcin_PL »

Hi all. I have problem with Project Selector in version 2022. I can see only one version of projects that are cloned or exported for backup, or for other reason. If anybody has the same problem? I've tried SCENE and SCENE LT (LT version I use for archived projects stored on NAS)
I was looking for some trigger in options but I failed.
kh@faro
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Konstantin
Company Details: No longer at FARO
Company Position Title: Former Software Engineer at FARO

Post by kh@faro »

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear something is not working for you. Could you please check if the 'Project Folder' setting is configured as you'd expect in the Settings menu under the General tab.

Kind regards

Konstantin
Marcin_PL
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Marcin_PL »

kh@faro wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:54 am Hi!

I'm sorry to hear something is not working for you. Could you please check if the 'Project Folder' setting is configured as you'd expect in the Settings menu under the General tab.

Kind regards

Konstantin
Of course the folder is ok, in explorer i see 28 projects, and everyone can be open manually but in Project Selector I can see only 20, because some of them are cloned, and from new release of Faro Scene the clones are no visible, only newest one.
robjlg
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Roberto João Lopes Garcia
Company Details: Laser scanning services
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: robjlg

Post by robjlg »

Marcin_PL wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:16 am Hi all. I have problem with Project Selector in version 2022. I can see only one version of projects that are cloned or exported for backup, or for other reason. If anybody has the same problem? I've tried SCENE and SCENE LT (LT version I use for archived projects stored on NAS)
I was looking for some trigger in options but I failed.
I just installed SCENE 2022.1 and have the same problem: not all projects are displayed at the Project Selector. In the previously installed SCENE 2021.3 it was working as expected.

All the projects are stored in the local SSD (C:) drive at the default location.

Roberto
benoit.lachapelle
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ben Lach
Company Details: Scan
Company Position Title: Scan
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by benoit.lachapelle »

Same. I exported a project with a new name, and now the oldest one doesn't show at all even though it still is in the project folder.
kh@faro
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by kh@faro »

Thank you for the report. I think I understand now what is happening in this case. Implementing support for the SD Card projects created by FARO Stream and the new FARO Focus, we have fixed a bug where the SD Card import was unable to select the correct project for incremental import if two projects with the same UUID were present in the target directory. This is also the reason why the project selector stopped showing duplicate projects that is projects with the same UUID.

I would argue, that the previous behavior was a bug, but that won't help you anything. :oops: I am sorry if that it no longer shows your projects. I would advice putting your backups in a separate folder and change the folder settings when navigating the backups for now.

I have brought this issue to our teams attention. However, I do not know at this point in time, if there will be a chance to address this.
Marcin_PL
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Marcin_PL »

There is a really simple solution. Exporting projekt should give new SSID numer and problem is gone. I understand if I copy/paste project by Explorer, that it is 1:1 clone with the same SSID. But exporting clean project, is one of the suggested methods of backing up even in your help.
Last edited by Marcin_PL on Tue May 24, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kh@faro
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by kh@faro »

This is a good suggestion. Unfortunately, it won't fix the projects which has been already exported / cloned.
ProCro
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nino Skupnjak
Company Details: SKIMI64
Company Position Title: procurator

Post by ProCro »

One suggestion for FARO :)

Can you please add option to ignore scans in certain steps? e.g. ignore it in registration or when creating project point cloud?

Return to “FARO SCENE”