FARO freestyle/freestyle2 processing

Apple iPhone & iPad, Artec3D, ASUS Xtrion, Creaform, DotProduct DPI-8S &DPI-10, FARO Freestyle, G0-Scan, Mantis Vision, Microsoft Kinect, Noomeo, THOR3D, ZEB1, viDoc RTK Rover etc.
Dedken
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Kenneth Bazley
Company Details: Sir Robert McAlpine
Company Position Title: Senior Geospatial Engineer for HDS
Linkedin Profile: Yes

FARO freestyle/freestyle2 processing

Post by Dedken »

Hello folks,

First post in a lonnnng time!

We are looking at hiring a handheld for a quick job on a piece of architecture and the Freestyle 2 looks like it fits the bill in terms of accuracy and point density. What I'd like to know is whether I can process the raw files in Trimble Realworks, or at least combine them in Realworks with existing scan data without having to go through too much of a reverse processs. What I mean is that I don't want to have to do Freestyle-output-Recap-E57-Realworks-Recap to get an end result.

Having temporary software installed on work PCs is a bit of a no-no because of the minimum three-week UAT process and I don't have that time frankly!
We still have Scene version 6.2 on my PC, so would I be able to register Freestyle 2 data with that? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.
All views are my own and are not representative of my employer, The King, God or anyone else for that matter.

"we need an instrument, to take a measurement" - I.MacKaye 1992

Return to “Hand Held Scanners”