Taking scans in color then exporting in B&W

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
jamesbuffalo
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James Corrao Jr
Company Details: Field Services Unlimited
Company Position Title: Revit Modeler and QA-QC
Skype Name: James
Linkedin Profile: No

Taking scans in color then exporting in B&W

Post by jamesbuffalo »

Hey everyone I have a pretty specific question wondering if it is possible. We scanned a few locations and we scanned them in color. Is there a way we can export to an e57 using Register 360 and get the point cloud in black and white. Or if there is a secondary program we can use to take the point clouds and convert to black and white?
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Re: Taking scans in color then exporting in B&W

Post by badam »

jamesbuffalo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:33 pm Hey everyone I have a pretty specific question wondering if it is possible. We scanned a few locations and we scanned them in color. Is there a way we can export to an e57 using Register 360 and get the point cloud in black and white. Or if there is a secondary program we can use to take the point clouds and convert to black and white?
I suppose your issue is that, reg360 wont export intensity colors as rgb. And your downstream apps (like archicad) not handle that, so your cloud is completelly black in those apps.

You can assign rgb color based on intensity in cloud compare for example.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by steves01x »

No. This appears to be a nightmare to achieve in Cyclone with RTC data...

Using Core, i wanted to export an LGS Truview without the images.... the only way i have found it possible is by delete the image files from the job folder where the RTC data is before i import it. I tried to delete images once imported etc but the HDR ones still appeared, tried to export LGS TruView with images not selected, it still exported colour even though the file size was a lot smaller.
jamesbuffalo
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James Corrao Jr
Company Details: Field Services Unlimited
Company Position Title: Revit Modeler and QA-QC
Skype Name: James

Post by jamesbuffalo »

badam wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:19 pm
jamesbuffalo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:33 pm Hey everyone I have a pretty specific question wondering if it is possible. We scanned a few locations and we scanned them in color. Is there a way we can export to an e57 using Register 360 and get the point cloud in black and white. Or if there is a secondary program we can use to take the point clouds and convert to black and white?
I suppose your issue is that, reg360 wont export intensity colors as rgb. And your downstream apps (like archicad) not handle that, so your cloud is completelly black in those apps.

Well what we are trying to accomplish is that we want the colors for our inhouse modelers, but then our clients want a black and white point cloud.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

jamesbuffalo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:43 pm
badam wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:19 pm

Well what we are trying to accomplish is that we want the colors for our inhouse modelers, but then our clients want a black and white point cloud.

if your client does not need structured cloud, then cloud compare is the way to go.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”