Photogrammetric drone point cloud to LGS

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 related issues here.
Renke
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Renke Foorden
Company Details: GEO Ingenieurservice
Company Position Title: Geosurvey
Linkedin Profile: No

Photogrammetric drone point cloud to LGS

Post by Renke »

Hello,

I recently used a drone to fly by a retaining wall by a river to create a point cloud/model of it. Using the pictures of the camera I created the point cloud in Agisoft Metashape. Now I was wondering if its possible to get this point cloud into the JetStreamViewer, since its a nice thing to be able to send these point clouds around for everyone to see and use, without any licensed software or installing anything for it.
I exported the point cloud as e57-file and importet it into Cyclone Core. It worked fine up to the point, where the error occurred during the LGS publishing, that there are no setups in this point cloud. I expected this to be the problem and I played around with the settings, but its no use.

Does anyone have a solution/workaround for this or is it even possible to do without a ground laserscanner?
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Photogrammetric drone point cloud to LGS

Post by badam »

Renke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 pm Hello,

I recently used a drone to fly by a retaining wall by a river to create a point cloud/model of it. Using the pictures of the camera I created the point cloud in Agisoft Metashape. Now I was wondering if its possible to get this point cloud into the JetStreamViewer, since its a nice thing to be able to send these point clouds around for everyone to see and use, without any licensed software or installing anything for it.
I exported the point cloud as e57-file and importet it into Cyclone Core. It worked fine up to the point, where the error occurred during the LGS publishing, that there are no setups in this point cloud. I expected this to be the problem and I played around with the settings, but its no use.

Does anyone have a solution/workaround for this or is it even possible to do without a ground laserscanner?
create a potree from that :) It is free to use. just download the potree desktop and drag and drop the exported file as las/laz.
rpettener
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Robert Pettener
Company Details: Survey Operations
Company Position Title: CAD Development Manager

Post by rpettener »

In order to create an LGS file you need to have at least one scan location or one camera. As photogrammetry does not have any fixed scan locations you need to add a camera first. In the Modelspace view you are exporting use Create Object->Insert->Camera. This adds a camera at your current view point so you may want to find a good view of your model first. If you zoom out you will see the camera as a small 3d model. You can now publish the LGS file, but make sure the option to use camera positions is ticked.

Cyclone should really check it has all of the necessary scan locations or cameras before going through the whole process of publishing the model.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gsisman »

rpettener wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm In order to create an LGS file you need to have at least one scan location or one camera. As photogrammetry does not have any fixed scan locations you need to add a camera first. In the Modelspace view you are exporting use Create Object->Insert->Camera. This adds a camera at your current view point so you may want to find a good view of your model first. If you zoom out you will see the camera as a small 3d model. You can now publish the LGS file, but make sure the option to use camera positions is ticked.

Cyclone should really check it has all of the necessary scan locations or cameras before going through the whole process of publishing the model.

Or just a simple programmed warning "Do you have a camera positions or at least one Scan Station in your LGS Export"?
BTW you can only do this from Cyclone Core and Not Reg 360. REG 360 at this time does not support adding a camera position or even in importing a unified pointcloud in order to publish out to LGS (unless of course it is from a Leica mobile product like BLK2Go or the new Flying BLK2GO in which their software creates Pseudo "scan-Stations/camera points" at certain user defined " camera points" throughout the SLAM cloud which then show up in the workspace before export

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”