V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mike Annear
Company Details: The Yard Brisbane
Company Position Title: Manager - 3D Design and Scanning
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Autodesk no longer supports Free Meshmixer

Post by Mike Annear »

D@mn it :)
Mesh mixer has saved my bacon several times for repairing dodgy Meshes from Structured light scanners.
It looks like Meshmixer will no longer be free and will only be accessible via Fusion 360 .

" NEWS (September 2021): Fusion 360 now contains many of the great features you've grown to love in Meshmixer, with continual growth and improvements to its capabilities in mesh coming soon. While we have no current plans to retire Meshmixer, please note that the tool is no longer in development and will not be supported by Autodesk moving forward. As such, we encourage you to download a trial of Fusion 360 to continue getting the most out of what Autodesk has to offer in mesh capabilities, as well as much, much more." https://www.meshmixer.com/

Sounds Familiar ...
There used to be a great Plugin for Rhino 3D called "T-Splines", Autodesk purchased it and made it part of Fusion360, making it no longer available for Rhino 3D users like me.
Luckily the guys from Rhino 3D have since written their own SubD routine for Rhino 7 which surpasses T-Splines and is included at no extra cost.

Mike.
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.

Return to “Meshing Software”