Best Online Point Cloud Viewer/Collaboration Platform

Please post all your polls you want others opinion on.
Majid_noori
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: MAJID DOOST
Company Details: PointSharePlus Pty Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Best Online Point Cloud Viewer/Collaboration Platform

Post by Majid_noori »

Hi Tony,

Have a look at PointSharePlus (www.pointshareplus.com)
In the recent milestone large 3D model module has been significantly improved (handling Gigabyte size). You can overlay OBJ / PLY models on to your point cloud.

I'd better not to talk about the feature and let yourself to explore.

Here is an example of and underground as-built point cloud and design model (45 million faces).

https://psplus.link/s/FvYjca

Also an example of geo-referenced texture mesh generated from drone data.

https://psplus.link/s/FCYltn

Regards
MAJID
Oliver Knoerzer
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Oliver Knörzer
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Senior 3D Software Engineer

Post by Oliver Knoerzer »

c2a wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:58 pm In our opinion the best is: FARO Scene WebShare

We are not FARO users. But, in going through their demos, FARO has absolutely nailed it with a simple, intuitive presentation of data that's easily navigable by both novices and engineers. Orthographic slices and intuitive navigation (switching between 360° photos and in-cloud) is all done by their brilliant UI/UX designers. The only problem (for us) being WebShare is a closed system and only available to FARO Scene subscribers. While we're using Leica equipment with Cyclone R360 (and we love Leica) but TruView is not a viable solution for our clients.
That post made my day! :D

I’m already excited regarding the next WebShare version. It has some new features that I personally find really cool and I hope our customers will also like them. I can’t say yet when it’s going to be released, though.
Senior software engineer working for FARO on WebShare, SCENE 2go, and related products.
My webcomics: Sandra and Woo, Gaia.
argenisjpn
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Argenis Pelayo
Company Details: Software
Company Position Title: Research Analyst

Post by argenisjpn »

You guys should take at look at https://jpglobaldigital.com/jp-interactive-viewer/

We are a startup company that offers cloud-based solutions for 3D digital asset management, such a point clouds and BIM models. Let me break down the main characteristics of JPIV:

1. Visualize large point cloud data sets. We have uploaded a project over 300GB and still works more than properly :D
2. Visualize BIM models with a add-in we developed for Autodesk Navisworks. Everything Navisworks reads, so do we.
3. You can overlay obj and fbx files on the point cloud, and move them around the 3D scene to simulate changes and modifications. You can even change the size and scale of the obj/fbx file.
4. We have an annotation feature that allows users attach files, tag others team members, and make comments.
5. It goes without saying, the software is web-based! so you do not need to download anything besides having a browser.
6. It is compatible with Leica, Z+F, Faro, and NavVis point clouds. it also accepts agnostic formats, such as e57 and las.
8. You can import 360 photos and overlay them with the point cloud and BIM model, giving user a true feeling as if they were actually inside the facility.
9. It also offers the basic stuff, such as measurements, cropping/clipping tool, user permission management, sharing capabilities, and so forth.

This company has been in this industry for quite a long time, and we were surveyors before going into the software development world, so we know all the pain points about how hard is to handle massive 3D data sets. That is why we have developed a solution that works for you all.
kpob46
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Kyle OBrien
Company Details: Nutrien
Company Position Title: Mine Technologist

Post by kpob46 »

I would also like to throw Bloom Technologies into the ring. Very nice UI, great tools, and isn't biased towards a laser scanning company.

https://bloomce.com/#
PatHughes
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Patrick Hughes
Company Details: Position Partners
Company Position Title: Customer Success Manager

Post by PatHughes »

There is also a few others worth checking out if you are looking for online data hosting.

Cintoo
Veesus
Elysium
Pointerra
4D Mapper

It seems like there is a wide variety here and it would take a long time for someone to trial them all to see which suits their application. If you are going a make a simplified cross checking sheet for features, I'm sure it will be useful as a starting point for people looking for a way to share and collaborate their data sets.

Return to “Opinion Polls”