Lidaretto

ABA Mobile Mapper, IGI StreetMapper, Leica Pegasus One & Two, MDL Dynascan, RIEGL VMX450, STORMBEE BEEMOBILE, Topcon IP-S2, Trimble MX50, etc.
TomMesz
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Tomas Meszaros
Company Details: Geotech
Company Position Title: HDS support

Lidaretto

Post by TomMesz »

Hello guys, i would love to hear your opinions about this mobile 3D scanning system for reality capture. You probably haven't heard of it yet but you can find out more at the link below.

https://www.lidaretto.com/
RJGEOMATICS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bart Man
Company Details: Laser Scanning
Company Position Title: Passionate about making amazing PCs
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Lidaretto

Post by RJGEOMATICS »

TomMesz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:15 am Hello guys, i would love to hear your opinions about this mobile 3D scanning system for reality capture. You probably haven't heard of it yet but you can find out more at the link below.

https://www.lidaretto.com/
So many great alternatives coming available. Much more important is how the exports and functionality of the software to these platforms will integrate with the rest of your workflows. Hardware is one aspect... But the biggest hurdles is exports and formats, and how they fit with your other scanning platforms and workflows etc...

I am really waiting for the first Truly Solid State Lidar with SLAM/IMU solution and Cameras to be introduced to market. Spinning mirrors and moving parts need disappear in short order. Robotics industry and Autonomous vehicles are already using Solid-state Lidar which is amazingly accurate at even 600 meters. Plus constantly sampling. Only problem for our industry is the Narrow FOV of the current Solid-state sensors. But I can see that changing very soon. Very Very soon. First Manufacturer to even release a full dome TLS Solid-state Lidar solution with integrated OTF color and photo/video will revolutionize what we currently consider to be Lidar in the Scanning industry.

If I only had a bank load of money, I'd be buying a bunch of the Neuvtion Solid-state systems and trying to assemble my own Full Dome tripod mounted system.

Return to “Mobile Scanners”