Zwcad pointcloud compatibility

4M, ARES, AutoCad, BricsCAD, DraftSite, GstarCAD, IntelliCAD, LiteCAD, MicroStation, nanoCAD 21, VeCAD, ZWCAD Etc.
supageodesy
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Kristjan Veia
Company Details: Geodeesia Partner OÜ
Company Position Title: management

Zwcad pointcloud compatibility

Post by supageodesy »

Hello

Long time lurker, first post here.

We mainly scan residential buildings and then create 2d drawings of the buildings. Floor plans, views, sections, etc. So far we've been using the 360rtc to do the scans and after registration, recap to create .rcs and .rcp files which we xref into autocad.
Since autocad license costs roughly 3 times more each year than a zwcad license for ever, im trying to find out if i can continue my normal workflow in zwcad. I havent found any info on pointclouds in zwcad online or here. Does somebody have any experience with zwcad in this matter?

Thank you.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Zwcad pointcloud compatibility

Post by badam »

take a look at bricscad it is also cheaper an more feature rich then autocad. But there are similarities, lisp scripts, cuis will work in bricscad to.
You will need to get pro version to get point cloud attach feature.

https://www.bricsys.com/hu-hu/bricscad-for-point-clouds
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Ares commander is also something to look at. Don't know if lisp works as with bricscad but plugins also for pointclouds are available.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
melshy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Duy Nguyen
Company Details: Baezeni VietNam
Company Position Title: Baezeni VietNam
Skype Name: duy_bz

Post by melshy »

With autocad you have many tools support extraction data from pointcloud: leica, faro, undet...In addition, there are many 2D or 3D polyline editing tools available
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

melshy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:25 pm With autocad you have many tools support extraction data from pointcloud: leica, faro, undet...In addition, there are many 2D or 3D polyline editing tools available
He wants to move away from Autodesk. :?

Undet works with Ares Commander. Leica works with Bricscad. Faro software only with Autodesk for all i know.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
RJGEOMATICS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bart Man
Company Details: Laser Scanning
Company Position Title: Passionate about making amazing PCs

Post by RJGEOMATICS »

badam wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:47 pm take a look at bricscad it is also cheaper an more feature rich then autocad. But there are similarities, lisp scripts, cuis will work in bricscad to.
You will need to get pro version to get point cloud attach feature.

https://www.bricsys.com/hu-hu/bricscad-for-point-clouds
BricsCAD Ultimate License is an absolute deal. Such a powerful software, and still a perpetual license. Also completely open code for app development.

Jump on the band wagon quick before it becomes more expensive. Make sure to get the "Ultimate" license. That way you have everything for when future needs grow.

If you have tried loading a PointCloud into Autodesk and the waiting drives you crazy, you'll also be amazed at how fast BricsCAD ingests basically any PointCloud Format.
melshy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Duy Nguyen
Company Details: Baezeni VietNam
Company Position Title: Baezeni VietNam
Skype Name: duy_bz

Post by melshy »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:42 pm
melshy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:25 pm With autocad you have many tools support extraction data from pointcloud: leica, faro, undet...In addition, there are many 2D or 3D polyline editing tools available
He wants to move away from Autodesk. :?

Undet works with Ares Commander. Leica works with Bricscad. Faro software only with Autodesk for all i know.
Autocad very popular not to mention the ability to lips, vba and another pluign, that you can't find it combined with other software ( zw , ares….) example with Undet for autocad you can see higher price than ares because they have more features
mariusP
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Marius Putrimas
Company Details: Terra Modus
Company Position Title: Undet product manager

Post by mariusP »

I think compatibility itself is not enough. You need a powerful point cloud engine to import and manage huge data sets. The latest scanners produce huge amounts of data in seconds. Remembering the good old days when we started working with 3D scanners, with the Riegl VZ420i we collected less GB of data per year than we do now in a few weeks ;)

And what about easy-to-use colour management, cuts, slices tools you use constantly? Does it come with compatibility?
Undet Point Cloud Software provides software solutions for AutoCAD, ARES Commander, Revit, and SketchUp point cloud users to save time, increase efficiency, and reduce errors in creating 3D models and 2D drawings.

:arrow: www.undet.com
iulia.prica
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Iulia Prica
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Product Manager

Post by iulia.prica »

supageodesy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 am Hello

Long time lurker, first post here.

We mainly scan residential buildings and then create 2d drawings of the buildings. Floor plans, views, sections, etc. So far we've been using the 360rtc to do the scans and after registration, recap to create .rcs and .rcp files which we xref into autocad.
Since autocad license costs roughly 3 times more each year than a zwcad license for ever, im trying to find out if i can continue my normal workflow in zwcad. I havent found any info on pointclouds in zwcad online or here. Does somebody have any experience with zwcad in this matter?

Thank you.
Hello,

You can check out the new PointCab 4ZWCAD plugin that allows to easily transfer layouts/sections created in Origins to ZWCAD.
The point cloud data is imported and processed in Origins, there is no need to import the point cloud into ZWCAD, and can then be translated into ZWCAD objects such as lines, circles, blocks, etc.
Here is the link to the tutorials, you can download a trial version and try it out :)

https://pointcab-software.com/en/point- ... ad-plugin/
quantian
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: quan tian
Company Details: xppen is specialized in pen tech
Company Position Title: product designer

Post by quantian »

BricsCAD, Draftsight, LibreCAD or QCAD.
https://pctechtest.com/best-2d-cad-drafting-software
I've used draftsight to open Autocad architectural sets and it worked great. Very similar interface.

Return to “CAD Software”