Cintoo Wishlist

Discuss all aspects of Cintoo Cloud here.
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech
Linkedin Profile: No

Cintoo Wishlist

Post by Justin Richards »

Ability to set 1px point size as the default per project instead of defaulting to Auto.

Gap filling like Faro Scene

Ability to download FLS files.

Administrative account can view/edit all projects without having to be invited to each product.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Re: Cintoo Wishlist

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

As a cintoo user I dont see the need for the first two points, I feel they already did a great job and I doubt gap filling would be good for most low end computers (aka your clients and engineers with laptops). Cintoo decimates the point a lot so an adaptive point size is almost the best way to do gap filling.
Third point I doubt it is even legal for them to allow fls downloads and I dont see the point or why you would want this, ust get them from Scene.
I totally agree on fourth point and its an issue I already talked with their support team about. One thing you can do is ask them to invite the admin account to all projects, we were missing a lot of projects access on admin acccount but they fixed this for us. I agree that it shouldn't be possible for an administrator to delete the admin account from a project, this needs to be fixed. They have great support and they can fix this for you if its an issue.
sim.herrod
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Simeon Herrod
Company Details: Terra Measurement Limited
Company Position Title: 3D Data Manager

Post by sim.herrod »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:42 am
Third point I doubt it is even legal for them to allow fls downloads and I dont see the point or why you would want this, ust get them from Scene.
We have a Faro scanner and we don't use Scene as we think Leica Cyclone is better. Absolutely 'legal' and supported.

File format cross-platform compatibility should be normal, and not have to be a requested feature.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Hi Sim,

Cyclone can import fls files. Cintoo can import fls files.
It's the "can export fls files" I doubt would be allowed. It would definitively not include the full 360 pano if they could. It's just not going to happen I doubt Faro will give the sdk to Cintoo or any other software to create a fls file. E57 was the established cross software format, just use this. Weird part is that Faro allowed full 360 image import from a e57 file back in 5.5 Scene but they removed this in 6.1+ (now you only have a point based 360 image).
I can only assume this is all part of a deal between leica/faro to minimize compatibility so people dont use other softwares, why would they remove the ability to import a 360 image from a e57,it only downgrades their software.
But I totally agree that I wish scans were more compatible with one another. We are currently doing a huge project with a consortium of 3 companies, the 2 other companies taking part in the scan are using RTC360-register 360 and we are using Faro scans-Scene. Its sometimes a headache mixing scans together and requires more planning.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:47 am Hi Sim,

Cyclone can import fls files. Cintoo can import fls files.
It's the "can export fls files" I doubt would be allowed. It would definitively not include the full 360 pano if they could. It's just not going to happen I doubt Faro will give the sdk to Cintoo or any other software to create a fls file. E57 was the established cross software format, just use this. Weird part is that Faro allowed full 360 image import from a e57 file back in 5.5 Scene but they removed this in 6.1+ (now you only have a point based 360 image).
I can only assume this is all part of a deal between leica/faro to minimize compatibility so people dont use other softwares, why would they remove the ability to import a 360 image from a e57,it only downgrades their software.
But I totally agree that I wish scans were more compatible with one another. We are currently doing a huge project with a consortium of 3 companies, the 2 other companies taking part in the scan are using RTC360-register 360 and we are using Faro scans-Scene. Its sometimes a headache mixing scans together and requires more planning.
For these purposes it is interesting to use Pointcab. All different scans can be imported from different sources and say exported to a certain format.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
sim.herrod
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Simeon Herrod
Company Details: Terra Measurement Limited
Company Position Title: 3D Data Manager

Post by sim.herrod »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:47 am Cyclone can import fls files. Cintoo can import fls files.
It's the "can export fls files" I doubt would be allowed.
That'll teach me to read posts AFTER the first coffee of the day and not before. :)
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech

Post by Justin Richards »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:42 am As a cintoo user I dont see the need for the first two points, I feel they already did a great job and I doubt gap filling would be good for most low end computers (aka your clients and engineers with laptops). Cintoo decimates the point a lot so an adaptive point size is almost the best way to do gap filling.
I totally agree on fourth point and its an issue I already talked with their support team about. One thing you can do is ask them to invite the admin account to all projects, we were missing a lot of projects access on admin acccount but they fixed this for us. I agree that it shouldn't be possible for an administrator to delete the admin account from a project, this needs to be fixed. They have great support and they can fix this for you if its an issue.
For the most part the Auto Point size works out great but for some jobs where this is going to be the first impression that the client gets, it would be better to be able to set a default to 1 Px Point size. When viewed full screen the first one looks way better then the second.
Here's 1 px point size
Auto point size
And ReCap
]Image

I didn't even think about the legalities of FLS file downloads. That makes sense.

Return to “Cintoo Cloud”