Learn how NavVis tested the new IndoorViewer measurement tool

Discuss all NavVis related products here.
Lisa.Cali
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lisa Cali
Company Details: NavVis
Company Position Title: Head of Product

Learn how NavVis tested the new IndoorViewer measurement tool

Post by Lisa.Cali »

NavVis IndoorViewer 2.6 included a great new measurement tool. The tool has been redesigned to overcome two of the biggest problems with virtual measurement tools - accuracy and usability. One of the ways we validated our tool was that in the months prior to launch, all NavVis employees came together to thoroughly test it out.
Learn more about how we tested it!
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Learn how NavVis tested the new IndoorViewer measurement tool

Post by gsisman »

Lisa.Cali wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 am NavVis IndoorViewer 2.6 included a great new measurement tool. The tool has been redesigned to overcome two of the biggest problems with virtual measurement tools - accuracy and usability. One of the ways we validated our tool was that in the months prior to launch, all NavVis employees came together to thoroughly test it out.
Learn more about how we tested it!
Lisa

Do you have a version of this that allows data to be stored internally on our own servers. Being a government entity there are some restrictions to what we can stored on the cloud outside of our control..
I like the way your floor manager and the measurement capabilities are available without have to constaNtly switch the cloud on or off (Currently we use Leica Jetstream for our viewing and control the content and the content location). I have had a demo on the VLX and have some datasets on your cloud site uploaded by Marek
Dirkie2710
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Dirkie Uys
Company Details: Landpartners
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Skype Name: duaus
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Dirkie2710 »

Do you have a version of this that allows data to be stored internally on our own servers. Being a government entity there are some restrictions to what we can stored on the cloud outside of our control..
Hi Steve,

We have a simliar issue and got in contact with them last week.

Seems like there is capacity to have the software on your own server and host the data there. This is what I got from them.

You are correct, currently the data in NavVis cloud is hosted in Frankfurt, at this moment, we still don't have plan in our road map to host data in other country than Germany. But of course we also understand that data regulation in different countries are very different. Hence, if you don't want to or you cannot use NavVis cloud, we can also provide offline installation of IndoorViewer software, meaning that you can host in wherever you want, just you would be maintaining the software instead of us.

This would I think overcome 2 things. It seems even the Pro license enables projects of max 60 000m² (650 000ft²), 200Gb of space and 3 000 panoramic images (essentially 3000 scans). We cover a much larger single area, current scans are much more than 200Gb and probably closer to 10 000 scans so far.

So hosting internally would hopefully get past these issues.
Veit
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Veit Streicher
Company Details: Navvis
Company Position Title: Consultant
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Veit »

gsisman wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:39 pm Do you have a version of this that allows data to be stored internally on our own servers. Being a government entity there are some restrictions to what we can stored on the cloud outside of our control..
Steve,
in case you need to host the app and the data on your own server it require individual setup and maintenance. Marek can surely help you getting the right technical information and a quote in case you wont do it by yourself ;-)
Dirkie2710 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 am
This would I think overcome 2 things. It seems even the Pro license enables projects of max 60 000m² (650 000ft²), 200Gb of space and 3 000 panoramic images (essentially 3000 scans). We cover a much larger single area, current scans are much more than 200Gb and probably closer to 10 000 scans so far.
Dirkie,
the licenses you m.a. and find on our cloud landing page are the predefined packages for self service and pay as you go. In case you have a bigger project and need customized cloud solution, you can refer to our sales team. In case you need further contacts, please let me know.
Last edited by Veit on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirkie2710
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Dirkie Uys
Company Details: Landpartners
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Skype Name: duaus
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Dirkie2710 »

Veit wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:12 am
gsisman wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:39 pm Do you have a version of this that allows data to be stored internally on our own servers. Being a government entity there are some restrictions to what we can stored on the cloud outside of our control..
Steve,
in case you need to host the app and the data on your own server it require individual setup and maintenance. Merak can surely help you getting the right technical information and a quote in case you wont do it by yourself ;-)
Dirkie2710 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 am
Dirkie,
the licenses you m.a. and find on our cloud landing page are the predefined packages for self service and pay as you go. In case you have a bigger project and need customized cloud solution, you can refer to our sales team. In case you need further contacts, please let me know.
Hi Veit,

Any chance you guys can send me a PM or email? I have the trail version, which I started mid last week some time, but haven't really dug into all the features yet. Any chance of extending the trail for a week or 2.

And would also like some more info on the custom options for hosting.

You guys should have my email address somewhere in the sales team.

Thanks

Return to “NavVis”