I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: gabriel nistor
Company Details: scan3d - israel
Company Position Title: ceo
Skype Name: ggnistor
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Faro Focus Repair/Calibration - poor service performance

Post by scan3d.co.il »

anybody knows if there is a Faro Rep on this forum?
Flem3000
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Chris Fleming
Company Details: FARO Technologies
Company Position Title: Area Sales Manager US and Canada
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Flem3000 »

scan3d.co.il wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:17 am anybody knows if there is a Faro Rep on this forum?
There are! I am in the US, but more than happy to help or answer any questions you have.
scan3d.co.il
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by scan3d.co.il »

Chris hi and thanks for contacting...
well, the issue is that I am receiving a very poor level of performance when requiring repairs/ maintenance service for my equipment. For instance, at this moment I have a scanner, that had been reported damaged on April 2nd (quote for the ordeal sent to me only on April 12, same day the scanner was delivered to Faro Rep)... and the scanner not only that hadn't been sent back yet, it also seems that nobody really knows what is the status…
so, lets start by helping me know when I'm getting my FOCUS X330 LLS071608676 back…
And, yes, corona virus, etc… In 7 years never got back a scanner sent for repair/ maintenance in less than 6 weeks… So, on a broader perspective, I think that Faro should be allocating some serious resources in order to maintain a reasonable level of response from it's customer service. I expect from Faro to be concerned when I have a machine down, and to show that concern by making sure my machine is back working as soon as possible.
But again, lets start by helping me know when I'm getting my FOCUS X330 LLS071608676 back…
Best regards
scan3d.co.il
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by scan3d.co.il »

btw... my email is [email protected]
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

scan3d.co.il wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:26 pm Chris hi and thanks for contacting...
well, the issue is that I am receiving a very poor level of performance when requiring repairs/ maintenance service for my equipment. For instance, at this moment I have a scanner, that had been reported damaged on April 2nd (quote for the ordeal sent to me only on April 12, same day the scanner was delivered to Faro Rep)... and the scanner not only that hadn't been sent back yet, it also seems that nobody really knows what is the status…
so, lets start by helping me know when I'm getting my FOCUS X330 LLS071608676 back…
And, yes, corona virus, etc… In 7 years never got back a scanner sent for repair/ maintenance in less than 6 weeks… So, on a broader perspective, I think that Faro should be allocating some serious resources in order to maintain a reasonable level of response from it's customer service. I expect from Faro to be concerned when I have a machine down, and to show that concern by making sure my machine is back working as soon as possible.
But again, lets start by helping me know when I'm getting my FOCUS X330 LLS071608676 back…
Best regards
Don't you have a ticket from the helpdesk of some sort with your case number? And a contact for info?
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
scan3d.co.il
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by scan3d.co.il »

Chris, I understand that you might need this reference number... "Your Unit received in Service [ ref:_00D109v._5003p2NN9Rw:ref ]... "

Seems that had been shipped Faro Germany to the UK... so, may be u can help me finding a customer service rep in the UK
By the way, neither Faro Rep in Israel or myself can get in contact with any Customer service rep in Europe...

So, as we said yesterday, I will really appreciate your support on this...but lets begin having some support materialized
ClarkCoSheriff

Post by ClarkCoSheriff »

I cannot say the same for the service I have received here in the US. I am on my second scanner in 7 years and when we bought our latest S350, we opted for the additional 3 year warranty/service package included. I have sent my scanner for calibration every year we have owned it and only once did I have an experience where it took about 2 months for it to be returned. Generally, I have waited about 2-2.5 weeks and before receiving it from the calibration facility.

Additionally, I have had some problems with software and licenses on occasion and I can't really say that I've had a bad experience with their customer service either. Maybe I've been lucky, but I think it is worth mentioning that not everyone has a bad experience. I think that any good company, however, does want to hear from their customers if they have a bad experience so they can know how to best improve.

Take care,
scan3d.co.il
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by scan3d.co.il »

Joe hi,
It is encouraging to hear that in the US the customer service is efficient... Really.
For me it hadn't been satisfactory. You see, I had been looking into the service level commit to... It is interesting.
They commit to 10 working days, but they set the date when the 10 working days count start... for instance, in my case, in asked for the service on April 2. Only on April 12th got their quote, and my 10 days count was scheduled to start only on April 26th... I don't know, but from my point of view the counting should start upon the customer request for service... don't you think?
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology

Post by TommyMaddox »

I think it would generally make sense to provide a time estimate or commitment once the unit has been evaluated, and not before it is received or a service is requested to ensure the greatest accuracy at the trade off of down time planning for the customer.

Pan axis replacement services for example have had spotty parts availability for me in the past and have been the only reasons that I have experienced a long service turn-around time. And it's worth noting that atleast in my case there was no indication that the pan axis had abnormally high backlash or was producing observable data issues at that time. It's something I could have possibly spotted now, 6 years and a lot of experience later.
scan3d.co.il
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts

Post by scan3d.co.il »

Tommy, I agree that when the scanner arrives there can be "surprises"... and that the final delivery date can be determined at the tech table... But this is not exactly my complain... Faro is giving "an appointment", when?, when it suits them...there is no commitment from Faro to how long should it take since the customer requests a service to the appointment... and that is tricky... I raise a "help required" flag on April 2nd... I don't think it is reasonable to be schedule for service on April 26... and then start counting... In my eyes this got more to do with how much reassures are allocated on Customer Service than in how bad is the repair that need to be performed
Anyway… I found a Faro App to handle direct communications with the Customer Services (named "Faro Now")… I opened an account, and opened a "new case" with my problem…
The return mail stated that a rep will get back to me within 1 workday… There was also an emergency phone number (well, for me this is very urgent…) so I called… None of the available options where related to customer service issues… sounded more like sales…
Anyway, Let's keep optimism up and see how it goes

Return to “FARO”