I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Pieter Modderkolk
Company Details: Pascad
Company Position Title: CAD engineer

Cyclone Register 360 import error

Post by pmodderkolk »

Hi all,

I tried to import a project, but got this error. Does anyone have an idea what it is about?
The project is 91 setups, 56 GB. The space on my disks is sufficient, >5 times the data of the project.
First time encountering this error, and previously imported projects bigger than this one.

Hope someone can help me with this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Cyclone Register 360 import error

Post by topogeo »

299/5000
the problems of importing into register360, often (..but not always) are solved with a clean installation.
I am attaching a guide to completely clean the PC from a previous installation of register 360 and to be able to install on the clean Register 360. The only problem ... is in Italian :-)

Piercarlo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pmodderkolk
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Pieter Modderkolk
Company Details: Pascad
Company Position Title: CAD engineer

Post by pmodderkolk »

Sadly I do not speak or read Italian... :(
However, last week I got a new PC, specifically for working on 3D scans. Cyclone Register 360 was installed a week ago, I assume it was a clean installation.
Could it be something else?
TimmyD
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Tim Durham
Company Details: Midsouth Drone Services
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by TimmyD »

English Version of Removing Register 360 for clean install.

Note: BLK and Beta versions may have different folder names, although similar Log on to your user account

Check the location of the Register 360 Temp folder Remove the Temp folder (using windows explorer)

Uninstall the software by starting the executable (if not available, from control panel)

Remove the following folders and files: C:\Program Files\Leica Geosystems\Cyclone REGISTER 360

Only if necessary , remove projects from the following locations: C:\ProgramData\Leica Geosystems\Cyclone REGISTER 360

Other locations where projects are stored For all USERS. remove: C:\Users\*USERS*\AppData\Roaming\Leica Geosystems\Register360 C:\Users\*USERS*\AppData\Local\Leica Geosystems\Register360

Remove the contents of the Windows Temp folder: C:\Windows\Temp

Skip any entries that will not be removed From registry keys (Regedit command from Windows start menu) remove : Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Leica Geosystems\Register360

Restart your pc Log on with your user account Start the program executable by right-clicking 'Run as Administrator'

Note: For step 4, run it only if you want to remove the old databases.They will no longer be recoverable.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by badam »

i really hate that remove install solution i don't think its usually solve the issue and 1 am 100% sure it will not solve this issue...

Because this error is simple a wrong directory, just read the error message it tries to open a cpp file from opencv build sdk... I don't think that directory is a valid project directory...

if there is a project and inside other files just move the important files to an empty directory... and it will solve your issue.

we have imported 30'000 setup and didn't create clean isntall since first
installation of 1.4.1 just upgrade every time.

And never had any import issues which would be solved by reinstall...
it is usually other bugs in the software which will not change no matter how you installed it...

for example special char handling, unc path handling, setups over ~2000 in 1 project (2020.1 version)

in the 2021.1 version the setup count limit somewhat increased. ~2700 these numbers are not exact just it 'll stop importing around these setup counts.
KlausR
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Klaus Rieke
Company Details: Multivista
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by KlausR »

Sometimes there might be an odd, empty or disrupted scan in between which leads to import failure. Make sure that your files you are importing, your project location and temp folder is in the best instance on 3 different hard drives.

You can double check that on your storage settings. Worth while checking under general settings your import settings, too (Fast, Balance, Safe) ;)

Return to “Leica Geosystems”