Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Geoslam Laser Scanner

Post by Jason Warren »

1.jpg
Click Here to View or Bid on This Auction Item

US $18,400.00
Approximately £14,505.32

Geoslam Laser Scanner in perfect working condition. Scanner has a calibration certificate from May 2018 since then it was used 2-3 times.

The ZEB1 3D laser scanner is handheld and truely mobile. Using the revolutionary SLAM algorithm, Simultaneous Localization And Mapping, and an inbuilt inertial motion unit (IMU), the ZEB1 can map large and complex areas quickly simply by walking through the area of interest.

Training is minimal and involves watching a 15 minute training video.

Processing in automated in the cloud. We can help setup an account with GEOSLAM for the cloud processing service for the new owner. The new owner is responsible for putting processing credits on the new account. To survey a typical residential home of 200m2 would use 15-20 processing credits. Processing credits cost vary depending upon bulk ordering however maximum cost is $0.60 per credit.

Terrestrial tripod based 3D laser scanners are now obsolete and too slow. Join the revolution and become truely mobile with the ZEB1 3D laser scanner.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Geoslam Laser Scanner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Jason Warren wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 am
Terrestrial tripod based 3D laser scanners are now obsolete and too slow. Join the revolution and become truely mobile with the ZEB1 3D laser scanner.

I wouldn't say that. Slower then slam certainly but the accuracy is crap. I've rented one to calculate room volumes for insurance purposes but i definitely wouldn't use one to deliver data to be used for rebuilding or other purposes.

Volume calculations are indeed a nice thing to use this for but the credit system makes it difficult to quote something with this system. You always end up doing more walking to be sure you've got everything.

If you are used to to measure buildings with a total station and disto you'll find terrestrial tripod scanning to be bloody fast ;)
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Partnership
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Post by Jamesrye »

Jason Warren wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 am Terrestrial tripod based 3D laser scanners are now obsolete and too slow. Join the revolution and become truely mobile with the ZEB1 3D laser scanner.
If anyone wants to pass on to me their obsolete tripod based scanners, I will take them free of charge.

:lol:
jsteinert
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: joshua steinert
Company Details: pb2 architecture + engineering
Company Position Title: Graphics Manager

Post by jsteinert »

Has there been a recent comparison of SLAM offerings? Is the BLK2GO bringing something revolutionary to the industry? Do cart scanners or tripod scanners with SLAM have enough justification for the cost?
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

jsteinert wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:45 pm Has there been a recent comparison of SLAM offerings? Is the BLK2GO bringing something revolutionary to the industry? Do cart scanners or tripod scanners with SLAM have enough justification for the cost?
Really looking forward to seeing BLK2Go data to see whether it lives up to the hype. From my reading, the accuracy should be better than previous slam as it is throwing image comparison into the mix with IMU as an additional constraint on position / stability. Cart scanners, or anything offering a more stable base for the IMU (i.e. cleaner vectors) has an improved potential accuracy. I'd imagine the same to be true for backpack over hand held, where there will be less movement closer to the body. Now if they could just mount a small scanner to a chickens head... :D

youtu.be/bLIU18s4cy8
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
MajorDomo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Major Domo
Company Details: VeritasVfx
Company Position Title: ceo

Post by MajorDomo »

smacl wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:14 am
jsteinert wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:45 pm Has there been a recent comparison of SLAM offerings? Is the BLK2GO bringing something revolutionary to the industry? Do cart scanners or tripod scanners with SLAM have enough justification for the cost?
Really looking forward to seeing BLK2Go data to see whether it lives up to the hype. From my reading, the accuracy should be better than previous slam as it is throwing image comparison into the mix with IMU as an additional constraint on position / stability. Cart scanners, or anything offering a more stable base for the IMU (i.e. cleaner vectors) has an improved potential accuracy. I'd imagine the same to be true for backpack over hand held, where there will be less movement closer to the body. Now if they could just mount a small scanner to a chickens head... :D

youtu.be/bLIU18s4cy8
If you can't make the scanner small enough, what about you increase the size of the bird?

https://youtu.be/pu8JB3XX4O
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President

Post by dhirota »

Shane

I have a small scanner(digital imager) Intel RealSense D415 that I could mount on Opal, my 7 year old chicken's head. It would fit, but she would not like it.
smacl wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:14 am Now if they could just mount a small scanner to a chickens head... :D
IMG_20181123_17040167.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
Matt Young
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Matt Young
Company Details: Baker Hicks
Company Position Title: CAD-BIM Lead

Post by Matt Young »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am
Jason Warren wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:51 am

I wouldn't say that. Slower then slam certainly but the accuracy is crap. I've rented one to calculate room volumes for insurance purposes but i definitely wouldn't use one to deliver data to be used for rebuilding or other purposes.

Volume calculations are indeed a nice thing to use this for but the credit system makes it difficult to quote something with this system. You always end up doing more walking to be sure you've got everything.

If you are used to to measure buildings with a total station and disto you'll find terrestrial tripod scanning to be bloody fast ;)
Totally agree with that. Anyone who thinks a Zeb1 is better than a tripod based scanner wants to have a word with themself.
If you don't see that there is nothing, then you are kidding yourself.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -

Post by Ioannis »

Still available out of action of eBay.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted Items”