Where to hire a Faro or Leica scanner in Melbourne, Australia?

Faro FOCUS S350, S150, S70, M70, X30, X130, X130HDR, X330, X330HDR. Leica RTC360, C10, P15, P20, P30, P40, P50, BLK360, HDS6*00, HDS7000,HDS8800, HDS8400. Riegl VZ6000, VZ4000, VZ2000, VZ1000 & VZ400i. Topcon GTL-1000, GLS2200, GLS1500. Trimble X7, X9, X12, SX12, SX10, TX8, TX6, S7 & S9. Z+F IMAGER 5016, 5010X, 5010C, 5006H, 5006EX & PROFILER 9012
lorand
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lorand S
Company Details: Impectus
Company Position Title: Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by lorand »

First point: I am inexperienced.
Second point: I've been tasked with creating a digital twin of a factory and plant - lots of pipes, switch rooms, tanks, etc.
Third point: I've had a very high end Leica unit demoed (the thing needed a strongman to lift...) and a small Faro unit (I think an S300)

Now I've looked around and am at a complete loss - we cannot afford the $100k+ (AUD) for a Faro S300+software nor the exorbitant price for a Leica unit, and although we could probably swing the cost for a BLK360 after reading these forums I'd rather not be responsible for buying a dud. If we could prove that an M70 or similar unit worked, we might be able to get the $50k together to do it.

At the moment we have access to AutoDesk ReCap, and we do not want to host anything in "the cloud", all processing must be done off-line and hosted on our internal servers due to the nature of the plant.

Does anyone know somewhere we could hire a unit for a reasonable price for a day to test it out, as the local sales representatives couldn't help us. Everyone they've recommended only offers a service (they'll send out a guy with the unit at huge prices >$1k-2k/day), so I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Either that or where we could buy a 2nd hand unit to at least do trial and error with.

We are vendor agnostic, and if we do find a good solution we'll buy a good unit outright as we have >30 facilities to capture (however we have hardly any funds for a pilot program and a vendor demo is ... inadequate).

Thanks all.
stutosney
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stuart Tosney
Company Details: ---
Company Position Title: Associate Director - Survey
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Where to hire a Faro or Leica scanner in Melbourne, Australia?

Post by stutosney »

Hi, I have sent you a PM
stutosney
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stuart Tosney
Company Details: ---
Company Position Title: Associate Director - Survey

Post by stutosney »

Hi Lorand,

My PM dos not appear to have been sent as I think they may be disabled. Let me know if you'd like to chat
Oatfedgoat
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Matthew McCarter
Company Details: Costain
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Post by Oatfedgoat »

CR Kennedy are good for Leica kit in that part of the world. Matt Rumbelow there is very knowledgeable.
caddrafting2013
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Brad
Company Details: 3d scan
Company Position Title: Guru

Post by caddrafting2013 »

lorand wrote:First point: I am inexperienced.
Second point: I've been tasked with creating a digital twin of a factory and plant - lots of pipes, switch rooms, tanks, etc.
Third point: I've had a very high end Leica unit demoed (the thing needed a strongman to lift...) and a small Faro unit (I think an S300)

Now I've looked around and am at a complete loss - we cannot afford the $100k+ (AUD) for a Faro S300+software nor the exorbitant price for a Leica unit, and although we could probably swing the cost for a BLK360 after reading these forums I'd rather not be responsible for buying a dud. If we could prove that an M70 or similar unit worked, we might be able to get the $50k together to do it.

At the moment we have access to AutoDesk ReCap, and we do not want to host anything in "the cloud", all processing must be done off-line and hosted on our internal servers due to the nature of the plant.

Does anyone know somewhere we could hire a unit for a reasonable price for a day to test it out, as the local sales representatives couldn't help us. Everyone they've recommended only offers a service (they'll send out a guy with the unit at huge prices >$1k-2k/day), so I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Either that or where we could buy a 2nd hand unit to at least do trial and error with.

We are vendor agnostic, and if we do find a good solution we'll buy a good unit outright as we have >30 facilities to capture (however we have hardly any funds for a pilot program and a vendor demo is ... inadequate).

Thanks all.

I know of a few good survey firms that could do the job for you in Melbourne save all the hassles and will give you the most accurate result.

If you’re interested let us know and I’ll pass on details?

Cheers Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Terrestrial Laser Scanners [TLS]”