BLK360 messed up pano pictures

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
gnuiorc_mda
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Giovanni Scocchera
Company Details: Meridian Design Associates
Company Position Title: Designer

BLK360 messed up pano pictures

Post by gnuiorc_mda »

I have a weird situation in my last project.
I did 61 scans mid resolution with the BLK360 w/ HDRI on.
All scans were ok for the points part, but messed up for the pano pictures.
Out of 61, 45 had very un-contrasted colors (very flat) and poor stitching, 2 were really messed up (like the single shots had been randomly shuffled around in the pano and a few of those even overlapped - including flat colors) and the remaining were ok.
The ones with the HDRI available were only the first 4 (which were also ok in colors).
The space was indoor and in good condition. No loss of wifi connections, batteries always above 40% (I used 3), no hit at the scanner or tripod.
Registration was ok and easy with Register 360 exclusively with smart align.
Now the weird thing.
I checked the scans inside the BLK360 and they look the same (bad) both if I import them from inside Register 360 or if I download them with BLK data manager and then import them later in.
But if connect the BLK360 with Recap Pro on the iPad Pro and sync the content of the BLK then... the pano images are perfect! All of them but 1 (one that was particularly messed up).
Did you have ever had this kind of problem?
Because I don't want to go back and rescan the place, is there a way to replace the bad pano images with the good ones from Recap?
Or a way to reassign the RGB colors of the points?
I noticed that the pano images in Recap are rotated (like 60 or 90 degrees on the up-Z axis) and that their resolution is higher (8000x4000) than what It looks like they are in Register360 (5508x2700 - but I couldn't find I way to export them anyway).

Thank you for your help.
Peder
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Peder Lindbom
Company Details: AIX
Company Position Title: Architect
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: BLK360 messed up pano pictures

Post by Peder »

This wont help you -but...
I have had something similar happen. About one in ten pictures have bad colours. Usually pink cast on the lower third of the pano. Sometimes black, sometimes scrambled images like you mention and sometimes weird striping. After a lot of back and forth with Leica about it -they tell me a new -as yet unreleased firmware version should fix the problem going forward. Have had it installed by them and have not scanned enough after to verify that the problem is gone -but have not seen it on the few scans that I have done since then.
Mark Francis
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Mark Francis
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Geomatics Market Segment Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Mark Francis »

Hi Giovanni,

I presume you imported all the individual scans at once?

If so, try importing into Cyclone Register 360 individually and if they look fine, then import the HDR scans separate to the LDR scans.

Hope this helps.
gnuiorc_mda
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Giovanni Scocchera
Company Details: Meridian Design Associates
Company Position Title: Designer

Post by gnuiorc_mda »

Mark Francis wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:16 pm Hi Giovanni,

I presume you imported all the individual scans at once?

If so, try importing into Cyclone Register 360 individually and if they look fine, then import the HDR scans separate to the LDR scans.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Mark.
This was the issue.
Somehow (I don't remember at all changing the settings in the middle of the scanning session - but this is a separate issue) the BLK360 switched from HDRI to LDR after a few scans and when later in the office I downloaded them on the workstation, Data manager messed up the quality of the pano images.
This bug should be issued in the next release of the software.

Thank you all,
Gio

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”