Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

NCTech partners with Google

Post by Jason Warren »

New Intel-powered camera provides vehicle-mounted image capture for Google Street View and other platforms

Tokyo, JAPAN – May 11, 2017 – NCTech, the developer of reality imaging systems, today revealed a new 360-degree camera designed to be mounted on any vehicle in order to capture and generate virtual street-level imagery. Google is set to trial the new camera for Street View capture in three countries – early details of the new product were presented today at Google Street View Summit 2017 in Tokyo.

With a 360 x 300 degree field of view, the new camera captures data at five frames per second to produce 60 megapixel spherical images. The Street View auto ready camera is designed to collect data from any moving vehicle for Google’s Street View platform and other platforms. The new camera will be available in Q4 2017.

“We are keen to explore technologies that can help increase the volume and frequency of data uploaded to Street View,” said Charles Armstrong, Street View Product Manager at Google. “NCTech is a truly pioneering company - they continue to set the bar in spatial reconstruction by blending futuristic tech with accessible design and price points, and we look forward to seeing the results of our pilot with their new camera.”

“We’re delighted that Google will pilot our new camera in support of its Street View offering,” said Cameron Ure, CEO, NCTech. “With this new camera, we aim to enable a further wave of expansion in digitising the planet with the goal of increasing the 10 million miles per year currently available online, to one billion miles per year.”

The new camera utilizes Intel technology and will be the first to adopt NCTech’s Intelligent Capture System, a cloud-based system that talks to each camera, ensuring that the data collected is unique and manages disk space on the camera.

“With this product, we’re making use of the very latest Intel Apollo Lake processor technology.” said Neil Tocher, CTO, NCTech. “Intel have worked very closely with us to ensure the product realises all the potential benefits provided by this new chipset for ultrafast street-level virtualisation.”

NCTech also announced a second new Street View compatible product, the VRC (Virtual Reality Camera). The new low-cost consumer camera will provide 3D virtualization of interior places, capturing 360-degree images and depth, allowing viewers to explore in full immersive virtual reality.

“The VRC is the first affordable consumer Virtual Reality Camera. It will help democratise virtual reality by making the capture of user generated 3D VR content easy and abundant,” said Tocher. “The VRC’s Street View API compatibility now enables anyone to be able to share their virtualized places on Street View.”

“NCTech is automating the process of building out the digital world from the edge to cloud - with Intel® Atom™ E3900 Series inside the cameras and Intel® Xeon™ powering the Google Cloud,” said Jonathan Ballon, GM Internet of Things Group, Intel Corp. “We’ve seen lots of real world places being virtualized, but these guys are pioneering virtualizing the entire world with their cutting edge cameras iSTAR Pulsar and Iris VR and their ColourCloud service.”

About NCTech
NCTech designs and manufactures leading 360 degree reality imaging systems that automate and streamline the workflow of image documentation and can be used repeatedly, accurately, consistently by anyone anywhere. NCTech is headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland and is funded by Archangel Investors Ltd and the Scottish Co-Investment Fund. For more information, visit http://www.nctechimaging.com

Download related images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nn928x0yrvb6 ... d68Ca?dl=0

Google’s blog on “Street View ready”: https://blog.google/products/maps/creat ... 0-cameras/

Media contact:
NCTech Limited
Danny Sullivan
+44 772 497 4255
media[at]nctechimaging.com
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
colhum1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Colin Humphreys
Company Details: Warwickshire Police
Company Position Title: Forensic Collision Investigator
Skype Name: col.humphreys
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: NCTech partners with Google

Post by colhum1 »

New products here:
http://www.nctechimaging.com//downloads ... re1705.pdf

But this looks really interesting:
NCTech VRC.jpg
Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Just leave me alone. I know what I am doing" - Kimi Räikkönen
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Jason Warren »

colhum1 wrote:New products here:
http://www.nctechimaging.com//downloads ... re1705.pdf

But this looks really interesting:
NCTech VRC.jpg
Colin
VRC.PNG
Not arf!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
NTocher
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Neil Tocher
Company Details: NCTech Ltd.
Skype Name: ntocher

Post by NTocher »

Its been a busy year for us to developing these products and cloud service, from consumer to AEC.
We look forward to sharing more with the LSF community as we roll out the platforms in the coming months.
Thank you
Neil.
andreabortolot
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: andrea bortolot
Company Details: Interiors3d.com
Company Position Title: Co Founder

Post by andreabortolot »

Hi Jason, this news is great!
When do you think you'll release the Lasiris camera? I am interested in purchasing one.
Also will this camera allow to view the 3D of the captured space?
Many thanks!
tbwester
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Thad Wester
Company Details: Clarity Scanning
Company Position Title: President

Post by tbwester »

congrats! Great partnership.

Whats the cost on the VRC unit? Would like to learn more about it too (speed, hosting, etc...).
NTocher
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Neil Tocher
Company Details: NCTech Ltd.
Skype Name: ntocher

Post by NTocher »

The VRC will be launched later this year and will cost from $500.
It will come with OneStopVR to allow you to process and distribute the 3D VR content.
The LASiris VR is similar, it will also be offered with OneStopVR but is not essential to operate the device as it has an removable SD card.
Thanks
Neil.
tbwester
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Thad Wester
Company Details: Clarity Scanning
Company Position Title: President

Post by tbwester »

NTocher wrote:The VRC will be launched later this year and will cost from $500.

Neil.
Very nice. i like the price and the size. Could be a bit faster. I would like to test it for construction progress workflow.

Return to “VR Virtual Reality”