I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: David Chobanoff
Company Details: Nutec Group
Company Position Title: Architectural Designer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Exporting to Edgewise?

Post by DChobanoff »

How does one bring your 3D scan into Edgewise? We are currently using SCENE from Faro, is that needed? and can you export out of it to Edgewise?
scankukai
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scan ku kaï
Company Details: Scankukai
Company Position Title: CEO

Re: Exporting to Edgewise?

Post by scankukai »

Hello,

You can import your Faro scans once you are in Edgewise (process scans), but you can't export from Scene directly to Edgewise.

Regards,

Yan
jcoco3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Jonathan Coco
Company Details: Consultant
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by jcoco3 »

Hi David, Welcome to the Forum :)

Yes the process is very easy. Just register your project in Scene then click Process Scans and select the registered .fls files from the Scene project directory.
Faro to EdgeWise.PNG
Faro to EdgeWise_DeafultSettings.PNG
Since you are new to the forum I feel it is a good idea to inform you that the members are quite helpful and responsive, so in the future you will need to only ask your question once, maybe only twice if it's the weekend to get a response :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rmarriott
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Rowan Marriott
Company Details: GHD
Company Position Title: Design Doc Team Leader

Post by rmarriott »

Hi All,

Im new to this game and seem to be having similar issues.
I have followed the above instructions however im still getting errors.

Any assistans would be appriciated. see attached error.

Cheers Rowan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cpw006
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Chris Widmer
Company Details: KCI
Company Position Title: 3D Scanning Manager

Post by cpw006 »

Have you reached out to the guys at ClearEdge? They have always been super helpful and easy to get an answer from in the past.
Dave Andrews
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dave Andrews
Company Details: R.E. Warner Associates Inc.
Company Position Title: 3d Scanning Coordinator

Post by Dave Andrews »

If you are using Faro Scene... Scene will get updates faster than Edgewise will update. So lets say, Faro Scene 6.3 is what you are using as the current version and Edgewise was updated when Scene 6.2 was current, you will have an issue. Edgewise does not know what Scene 6.3 files are yet.

I tend to export .e57 files for the import to edgewise so I don't worry about this to much anymore.

DA
"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
Woody Hayes
Rachel HECK
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: HECK
Company Details: Geomesure
Company Position Title: Geomatics engineer
Skype Name: rachel_heck

Exporting from Edgewise to REVIT

Post by Rachel HECK »

1- I am modeling pipes into Edgewise. Can I set up the pipe detection so the software does only model pipes whose minimum diameteris defined?

2-If no for 1, can I then open the table and select the lines where the diameter value is low and hit delete somewhere?

2- How can I export my models created in Edgewise to REVIt? Is there a specific format? DO I need a plug-in for Edgewise? Do I need a plug-in for Revit?

Thank you for your help

Have a nice day

Rachel
jmoranCE3D
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jason Moran
Company Details: ClearEdge 3D
Company Position Title: Assistant Product Manager
Skype Name: edgewise.support

Post by jmoranCE3D »

Hi Rachel, I'm awfully late to this party! :oops:

It looks like you already got in touch with our support team, but I figured I should write up a response here anyway for those who may be googling for similar problems.
1- I am modeling pipes into Edgewise. Can I set up the pipe detection so the software does only model pipes whose minimum diameter is defined?
No, There is not currently a way to do this in EdgeWise - the Automated Pipe Extraction will find all cylinders/pipes of any size that it can.
2-If no for 1, can I then open the table and select the lines where the diameter value is low and hit delete somewhere?
Yes, you can delete pipes by specific criteria, such as diameter by:

1. Sorting by diameter in the Part Info SmartSheet

2. SHIFT + Clicking or CTRL + Clicking the pipes below a certain diameter

3. Pressing either Delete on the keyboard or, in versions 5.1.1 or later, the Delete button at the bottom of the SmartSheet.
2- How can I export my models created in Edgewise to REVIt? Is there a specific format? DO I need a plug-in for Edgewise? Do I need a plug-in for Revit?
EdgeWise exports in the .c3rvt format, which is our own "EdgeWise to Revit" format. The EdgeWise Plug-In for Revit, which is installed alongside EdgeWise, is required to import this filetype.

If you're not seeing the plug-in there's a few likely reasons:

1. While it is installed alongside EdgeWise, the plug-in is only accessible if activated on the EdgeWise license. Most licenses have the plug-in active. You can always check on the "About" pop-up available through the Help tab in EdgeWise to see what your license contains. In this case, you're looking for an entry labelled "Revit".

2. Revit was installed AFTER EdgeWise. In this case, just re-install EdgeWise so that the installer can properly place the plug-in files.

3. The version of Revit is a new 'year' that was recently released. We try to be quick about putting out updates to support the new 'years'. If you're using a new version of Revit, get in contact with the support team to see if there's an update.

Return to “ClearEdge3D”