Transition from Studio to Design X....Design X falls short!!

Discuss Geomagic software here.
clubcar
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: BILLY TAYLOR
Company Details: NASG
Company Position Title: Design and Reverse Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Transition from Studio to Design X....Design X falls short!!

Post by clubcar »

My background is Automotive dies.

I've been using Studio for the last eight years and was always exited for updates so when Design X was released i jumped right in to the new software . Unfortunately it didn't take long to realize the "exact surfacing" mode falls way short of the previous versions of Studio. They've left a lot of the tools from Studio out of Design X like sharpening wizard ,patch editing, polygon editing......ect ect.

I still try to use Design X for my simpler drawings like 2D to 3D punches but any of my forms that have some tight tolerances I stopped attempting to complete them in Design X.

I still save out my surfaces from Studio and finish the cad in Solidworks.

Geomagic no longer sells Studio so if anyone if looking for a software that you need an exact surface on your forms you may look else were until they can improve on the Design X.

Hopefully they will improve Design X in the future.

:x
Justincredible
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Justin Novak
Company Details: Scanning and Modeling
Company Position Title: Supervisor

Re: Transition from Studio to Design X....Design X falls sho

Post by Justincredible »

Geomagic no longer sells Studio so if anyone if looking for a software that you need an exact surface on your forms you may look else were until they can improve on the Design X.
I thought that Geomagic Wrap was the same toolset as Studio. Have you tried that package?

Return to “Geomagic”