V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: [REQUEST] - Questions & Example Dataset From BLK360 Point Cloud

Post by pburrows145 »

badam wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:09 pm Well if you want any leica hardware you will need to buy cyclone register (360), since you cannot open raw data in any other software.
Actually.... you can export a registered dataset from Cyclone FIELD 360... so your statement is not correct. Therefore Cyclone REGISTER 360+ (or BLK edition) is not a MUST have - certainly we recommend it, but there's other ways to work (if you wish).

There's also a BLK Edition of the F360 solution which is cheaper still but only connects to BLK devices. You can export in E57. For VIS enabled devices you can upload to RCS (directly from the field if you wish) and register there (to some extent) and every new sensor sale in US/CAN and Europe from the end of February is being bundled with RCS for the first year... so this is also an option.

If you have a BLK360, BLK2GO, BLK2GO Pulse and the free BLK Live app for iOS or Android, you can export single scans in E57... and register in a 3rd party solution if you wanted to...

Lots of options! :geek:
bgv2024
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: BGV2024
Company Details: NONE
Company Position Title: NONE
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by bgv2024 »

pburrows145 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:30 am
badam wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:09 pm Well if you want any leica hardware you will need to buy cyclone register (360), since you cannot open raw data in any other software.
Actually.... you can export a registered dataset from Cyclone FIELD 360... so your statement is not correct. Therefore Cyclone REGISTER 360+ (or BLK edition) is not a MUST have - certainly we recommend it, but there's other ways to work (if you wish).

There's also a BLK Edition of the F360 solution which is cheaper still but only connects to BLK devices. You can export in E57. For VIS enabled devices you can upload to RCS (directly from the field if you wish) and register there (to some extent) and every new sensor sale in US/CAN and Europe from the end of February is being bundled with RCS for the first year... so this is also an option.

If you have a BLK360, BLK2GO, BLK2GO Pulse and the free BLK Live app for iOS or Android, you can export single scans in E57... and register in a 3rd party solution if you wanted to...

Lots of options! :geek:
Awesome info! Thanks for the details. I like F360 :)
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gsisman »

This thread I know pertains mainly to the BLK360 G2, but we are still successfully continuing using our BLK360 G1 Weekly on Streetscape projects and intersections combined most often in Field 360 (now v 5.1) and imported through FAF file from the mobile device.

I was recently out one morning trying to finish a corridor (forgot the vehicle charger and ran out of batteries two scans short.
Once all was brought in (through F360 FAF file) and links were added and refined I noticed a common pattern of scan spray from the setup areas and looking closer it doesn't look like the standard stuff I sometimes see coming off reflective street signs. This patterns are all shooting at and angle to the sky and somewhat in the same direction from the Setup point , looking at it in profile and end section view.

It was a sunny day in the morning (before noon) . Since the G1 has no protective clover over the scanner head, it could it be something like dirt on the reflective plat (angled white piece under the spinning scanner head? Could it be an internal processing item with the scanner? Although we don't use the scanner every day of the week sometimes not every week. We have been using it continually since Spring of 2018. Haven't seen anything in the degradation of the specified level of data- it just seems odd. Any ideas?
Scanner Spray uncleaned GRandview Streetscene.PNG
Scanner Spray uncleaned.PNG
Scanner Spray uncleaned profile.PNG
Scanner Spray uncleaned profile2.PNG
Scanner Spray uncleaned ENDSECTION.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”