I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Johannes Fels Klotz
Company Details: Pointreef GmbH
Company Position Title: Scan-Operator
Linkedin Profile: No

Lost Pointclouds

Post by pacal »

Hi FARO victim support group :-D

FARO Scene drives me crazy once again. Next week I'm scanning a building of a psychiatric hospital, maybe I'll just stay there. ...

I am currently cleaning up point clouds in Scene and every time, after a certain stage of work, parts of the scan point cloud disappear. I am sure that I have not deleted in these areas, moreover, these gaps are square - it seems to me that during the processing the search spaces (voxels) are shot. Does anyone know the problem?

See screenshot:
FARO_Bug_markiert.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
msivil
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Marko Sivil
Company Details: Sivil 3d Oy
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Lost Pointclouds

Post by msivil »

Hello,

Did you clean the point clouds manually in perspective view?
Best Regards,
Marko Sivil

www.sivil3d.fi
pacal
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by pacal »

Hello Marko,
msivil wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:50 pm Hello,

Did you clean the point clouds manually in perspective view?
I have cleaned up the point cloud manually and in the orthographic view with and without bounding boxes. As I said, I don't think it's the cleaning itself. It occurs abruptly after saving the last status. I suspect it occurs when there are too many revisions.

I would like to ask around to see if I am not the only one who has made this observation?

It is important to note that the Faro projects in question are part exports from a larger Faro project.
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech

Post by Justin Richards »

pacal wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:26 pm
I am currently cleaning up point clouds in Scene and every time, after a certain stage of work, parts of the scan point cloud disappear. I am sure that I have not deleted in these areas, moreover, these gaps are square - it seems to me that during the processing the search spaces (voxels) are shot. Does anyone know the problem?
I've had this problem too so I understand your frustrations.
scene.png
Make sure it says loading done at the bottom right before deleting any points and try to not have as many points visible. If you are using the selection tool, use a clipping box to it to the area you are cleaning, then turn off clipping box visibility. If your using a clipping box to clean up points, cycle the visibility to the points you are deleting. If you are doing it one scan at a time, close your main view or any other views that could be bogging it down.
SEL_SCALE1.JPG
If the points you lost are limited to one area, load a previous revision of the scan, take a clipping box of the area then export the clipping box as E57 and then load the current revision and import it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pacal
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by pacal »

Hi Justin, thank's. Yes, I try to do the same. But it happens despite the bounding box being used. I have fixed a row of windows via a bounding box and deleted the reflections. When I deactivated the BB, these gaps suddenly appeared.

Now I export the projects to Recap and will do all further steps there. I know that it works, even if Recap is not exactly an optimal solution.

Return to “FARO SCENE”