Color issue after LGS project is converted

Discuss Leica Cyclone 3DR software here.
jsbcf
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: none
Company Details: none
Company Position Title: none

Color issue after LGS project is converted

Post by jsbcf »

Hello,
I have an issue with 3DR that hopefully someone has some insight into. I have an LGS and when imported into 3DR it shows as colorized but when I convert the project the color gets removed. Any thoughts to why this may be happening? Here are some variables that may help with thoughts.
1. File type is LGS not LGSx
2. point count is over 1 billion
3. Register 360 plus version used to make the registration may not be the latest version but this can be fixed
4. location of scan is in XY coordinates of 6 million and 2 million, basically far away from 0,0

Is it possible to simply re-apply the color back to the scan?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Color issue after LGS project is converted

Post by Kruse »

Maybe try using the LGS to LGSx converter first before importing into 3DR? The converter can be downloaded from either MyWorld or their website if you don't have the MyWorld login info. If the LGSx file still has the color, it should import just like that into 3DR. I use LGSx files into 3DR all the time and I haven't had an issue with color going away... might be a bug in the 3DR side, but I don't know for sure. Might be worth submitting to Leica if the issue is repeatable with other LGS files before they're converted to LGSx.
Yannick_Cyclone3DR
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Yannick Stenger
Company Details: HEXAGON
Company Position Title: Product Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Yannick_Cyclone3DR »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this bug.

Part of the reasons you are mentionning, the fourth one 'big coordinates" might be an explanation.

We would need more information to investigate it.
- Have you tried to import into Truview? To know if the issue is related to the LGS file or to Cyclone 3DR?
- Which version of Cyclone 3DR are you using?
- And the most important one: can you send us the file to allow us to analyse the eventual bug? We would keep it for internal tests only.

Thank you.

Yannick
[email protected]
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

isn't it just the usual reg360 export bug when there is at least one black and white setup in the whole cloud all of them are exported as bw. So probably the lgs doesn't have real truecolors just grayscale intensity colors... In truview you can probably check that if you move out from setup cloud or disable panoramic images then what you see...

example:
viewtopic.php?t=20912
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager

Post by Kruse »

Adam is correct, there was an export bug in older versions of Register 360 that would force an entire point cloud to BW if there was a single BW setup in the bundle. This bug has been fixed in subsequent releases of Register 360 plus. If you can upgrade to the latest version, you'll also need to upgrade the project database before you can open the project, so if you go that route, I'd export the project archive in the current version of Register 360 you're using to have as backup in case something goes wrong. That way you can still downgrade Reg360 and be back to where you're at now since new Register 360 plus databases are not backwards compatible after the major release at the end of 2023.
jsbcf
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: none
Company Details: none
Company Position Title: none

Post by jsbcf »

Thanks for all the responses. I was able to convert the LGS to LGSx and the color error was resolved.

Return to “Leica Cyclone 3DR”