I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Cao Phuc Thanh
Company Details: Star Global JSC
Company Position Title: Applications Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: FARO Focus S70 - HDR mode on and colors are so $&*^TY

Post by Thanh cao »

Rikore wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:32 pm Karol,
Welcome to the world of our camers are great. I've used several scanners and do not find the images very good. Issues with color balance, sunlight and wet surfaces, just to name a few. I will say Faro does have a better camera than Leica. If you just want images to color the scans, fine, great stay with the internal cameras. However they take time and editing them are a painstaking reality. We found iStar a bit better, but we use Canon 70D and 80D DSLR's with fisheye lenses with nodal ninjas. Great for closup and maybe 300 feet before the images start not to look like they should. Far away I use a 600mm lens and create panos out of them to import. It really depends on the job and presentation.
Hi Rikore,
Thanks for your information. It is nice if there is a video that shows the workflow from taking 360 images of external cameras to Scene.
Thanks

-Thanh
alex@glanville
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Alex Langley
Company Details: Glanville Geospatial Services
Company Position Title: Head of Geospatial Services

Post by alex@glanville »

Rikore wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:32 pm Karol,
Welcome to the world of our camers are great. I've used several scanners and do not find the images very good. Issues with color balance, sunlight and wet surfaces, just to name a few. I will say Faro does have a better camera than Leica. If you just want images to color the scans, fine, great stay with the internal cameras. However they take time and editing them are a painstaking reality. We found iStar a bit better, but we use Canon 70D and 80D DSLR's with fisheye lenses with nodal ninjas. Great for closup and maybe 300 feet before the images start not to look like they should. Far away I use a 600mm lens and create panos out of them to import. It really depends on the job and presentation.
Were you doing full dome scans and 360 pano with the 600mm lens??

We are trying something similar but with partial pano using 200mm lens and window scans....

Its a nightmare stitching the two together though.
Rikore
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bruce Yager
Company Details: Rikore Geomatics
Company Position Title: Department Head
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Rikore »

Alex,
We use PTGui to stitch everything together. With a 600mm lens I would take more images, 12 to 16 to have the stitching go easier. I always do full dome and 360 unless I only take partial scans like window ones. I just need to cover the point cloud.
ivalencia
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Israel Valencia
Company Details: AMT
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Skype Name: israelvalencia_c

Post by ivalencia »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:53 am You should try preprocessing the scans in Li-HDR. Its a mix of the laser intensity and the pictures. Result are amazing as far as the 360image goes.

Only way to do this; create a lsproj in the new scene(2018+) interface. This does not work with a localworspace or the old interface(I have already complained at faro). At the preprocessing configuration page select laser illuminated hdr. I have included pictures of a comparison I made of the results it gives. Hope this helps. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
This result is amazing! Did you scan with HDR on or using your normal indoor profile?

Best regards!
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Hi Ivalencia,

No this was with no HDR. Also I mostly used even weight expose since I save 1min per scan and it is not worth it on most projects. This project in those pictures was a 2400scan project.

I use this picture to explain the process to my clients since it clearly shows dark areas and over exposed area (there was a light above the openning)all while showing how it mixes the corrected intensity with rgb.

Great thing if you want to show this to a client is that my picture is top result when you google li hdr faro scan and go in images ;)
GeomDaniloMammarella
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Danilo Mammarella
Company Details: Technical Office
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by GeomDaniloMammarella »

flohrd wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am A good way to do this is exporting the panorama image, tune it in Lightroom or another tool of your choice and bring it back in.

Step 1: Right click a scan, run Operations->Color/Pictures-> Export Color Overlay. Save as BMP.
Step2: Edit the image and save back as bmp.
Step 3: Run Operations->Color/Pictures->Replace Color Overlay command on the scan. Select the edited image when asked for a file.

Hope this helps!
Is there any way to do that using the new version of Faro Scene?
Thank You very much
Justin Richards
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: JUSTIN RICHARDS
Company Details: Tribrach Solutions
Company Position Title: Survey Tech
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Justin Richards »

GeomDaniloMammarella wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:01 am
flohrd wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am A good way to do this is exporting the panorama image, tune it in Lightroom or another tool of your choice and bring it back in.

Step 1: Right click a scan, run Operations->Color/Pictures-> Export Color Overlay. Save as BMP.
Step 3: Run Operations->Color/Pictures->Replace Color Overlay command on the scan. Select the edited image when asked for a file.

Hope this helps!
Thank You very much

I just tested it on SCENE 2023 and it still works

GeomDaniloMammarella
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Danilo Mammarella
Company Details: Technical Office
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by GeomDaniloMammarella »

Justin Richards wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:04 pm
GeomDaniloMammarella wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:01 am

Hope this helps!
Thank You very much

I just tested it on SCENE 2023 and it still works

Yes, it works! I had only to change user interface first. :D
Sorry, I'm new to this.
Thank You all!

Return to “FARO”