Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

The new Z+F PROFILER 9020C

Post by Jason Warren »

1.png
The Z+F PROFILER® 9020C is the world's first mobile 2D laser scanner with integrated cameras.

Generate colored point clouds without external cameras

The P9020C has four integrated cameras, each with 5 MPx, which cover the entire 360° scanning area from a distance of 40 cm. The recordings have high color fidelity and a high dynamic range. Significant differences in light in the environment are compensated in such a way that the processing of the images afterwards takes little time or is completely eliminated. Shaded or overexposed areas can hardly be seen in the colored 3D renderings.
2.jpg
In addition, the recording rate of the cameras has been optimized and the amount of data has been reduced by almost half compared to the Z+F MapCam, without compromising the quality. On the one hand, this shortens the transmission times that arise with larger amounts of data. On the other hand, external and integrated storage space is saved.

Less cabling and connection effort - only one USB 3 cable required

The P9020C's built-in cameras allow quick installation. Only a USB 3 cable is required for the transmission and control of the system components. Fewer cables also mean less errors in process and, conversely, more security during the measurement. In addition to this efficiency and data security, a high level of flexibility was taken into account during development. The construction of the P9020C corresponds to that of the P9020. This means that the scanners can be exchanged in just a few minutes.
3.jpg
Fully calibrated camera system
4.jpg
In contrast to external cameras, the permanently installed cameras of the P9020C do not need to be calibrated. The cameras and the scanner are perfectly matched and ready to use upon delivery. The components are also synchronized fully automatically during installation, so that the image and measurement points match exactly. The high accuracy and the low parallax are further optimized by the compact design.
5.jpg
Other advantages of the P9020C:
Protection class IP 66
Compact design to avoid GPS interference
Improved tripping logic: no more serial interface required
Multi scanning compatible.

For further information or a non-binding offer, you are welcome to contact us at any time at sales[at]zofre.de. We look forward to your inquiry.

Your Zoller + Fröhlich team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: The new Z+F PROFILER 9020C

Post by smacl »

Lovely looking piece of kit, looking forward to seeing some sample data in the near future. I've seen quite a few mismatch errors due to camera calibration over the last couple of years and am very interested to see how well the integrated camera addresses this. Photo misalignment is very noticeable in many coloured point clouds where the trees come out in white and blue rather than green. More importantly, where you overlay an intensity coloured version of your point cloud with the RGB one and find the road markings don't align properly. My opinion is that properly geo-referenced imagery will become an increasingly important part of scanning and point cloud processing going forward as we start seeing more solutions that combine image based AI techniques with conventional scan data and the success of this is dependant on how well the two data sets align.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
alekmac
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Aleksandar
Company Details: Geo-Inter dooel
Company Position Title: owner
Skype Name: alek4mac1

Post by alekmac »

Hello Z+F Profiler users,
I'm curious if anyone has used it on recording asphalt roads for rehabilitation? A relative accuracy of 0.2mm is declared there. It is clear that during georeferencing that accuracy will decrease several times and of course it does not depend only on the accuracy of the scanner itself.
Not just the accuracy itself but the application is more interesting to me.
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

alekmac wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:48 pm Hello Z+F Profiler users,
I'm curious if anyone has used it on recording asphalt roads for rehabilitation? A relative accuracy of 0.2mm is declared there. It is clear that during georeferencing that accuracy will decrease several times and of course it does not depend only on the accuracy of the scanner itself.
Not just the accuracy itself but the application is more interesting to me.
We added some tools to SCC for road surface defect detection and analysis which may be of interest here, short video below. This was based on the Pegasus 2 Ultimate with attached pavement camera. From memory, the Pegasus Ultimate was based on Z+F scanners. 0.2mm relative accuracy does not seem reasonable in a roads environment with this type of equipment, more the type of tolerance you'd see on super-flat concrete floors.

youtu.be/lHTDA4r9jmM
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module

Return to “Z+F”