masterpine
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Roy Candler
Company Details: Delonix Solutions
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Technician

Re: New RTC 360 coming in 2023???

Post by masterpine »

Certainly wouldn't expect a unit in near future to replace the RTC360, it's a machine that fills it's niche in Leica's line-up nicely and isn't totally blown away by any competitors yet.

When talking with reps and partners the only rumblings I've heard is that the next hardware from Leica would be a replacement for the P-Series. Seems logical, they're good machines but very much dinosaurs now. Even just banging some big touchscreens on them would be a good market move.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

masterpine wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:57 am Certainly wouldn't expect a unit in near future to replace the RTC360, it's a machine that fills it's niche in Leica's line-up nicely and isn't totally blown away by any competitors yet.

When talking with reps and partners the only rumblings I've heard is that the next hardware from Leica would be a replacement for the P-Series. Seems logical, they're good machines but very much dinosaurs now. Even just banging some big touchscreens on them would be a good market move.
I agree they need to bring a modern spin to the p40. I could see a lighter version that doesn't weight like a small car. Also with faster pictures. I would still have range as a feature on the newer p40, I mostly look into using a p40 on a project when I have range in mind and want fast(ish) full dome 360 scanning.

If would also see benefits in a better multistation from leica. Their current MS60 is not on par with the SX12 ease of use /photo speed.

RTC just needs a better camera.
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by jamesworrell »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:37 am RTC just needs a better camera.
And single pass scan + photo.

At 1:51 medium + photo .. plus spin up and spin down - it is too slow - coming from a C10 user who did 7 min scans, 7 min photos and 2 min targetting!
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

Leandre Robitaille wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:37 am
masterpine wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:57 am Certainly wouldn't expect a unit in near future to replace the RTC360, it's a machine that fills it's niche in Leica's line-up nicely and isn't totally blown away by any competitors yet.

I agree they need to bring a modern spin to the p40. I could see a lighter version that doesn't weight like a small car. Also with faster pictures. I would still have range as a feature on the newer p40, I mostly look into using a p40 on a project when I have range in mind and want fast(ish) full dome 360 scanning.

If would also see benefits in a better multistation from leica. Their current MS60 is not on par with the SX12 ease of use /photo speed.

RTC just needs a better camera.
P series and C series also have the advantage you can traverse with them and directly back-sight known control for orientation. For a lot of engineering works this is a huge bonus. Main criticism I see of the P series is their weight and bulk. The quality of data from them is excellent and I think there's definitely space in the market for a refresh on this kit.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

How did I miss this thread...???? :lol:
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -

Post by Ioannis »

Let’s see if Leica upgrade p40 in order to compare to riegl vz600i that is light weight and overkill until now!

Return to “Leica Geosystems”