I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Adam Cook
Company Details: ACADVIT
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Faro Focus 3D S120 disassemble repair

Post by Cooksta13 »

What's everyone plans with their S120 now they've reached end of life? Our scanner runs a low res B&W scan with no issue, however as soon as I put the resolution up a bit it gives me an error code every now and then.
1830/1440/1660. I don't currently have a battery for the scanner as someone lost it, however don't want to invest in a new battery for around 700 euro when our scanner is potentially faulty.
Does anyone know of any third party service providers?
Thanks in advance.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Cooksta13 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:34 pm What's everyone plans with their S120 now they've reached end of life? Our scanner runs a low res B&W scan with no issue, however as soon as I put the resolution up a bit it gives me an error code every now and then.
1830/1440/1660. I don't currently have a battery for the scanner as someone lost it, however don't want to invest in a new battery for around 700 euro when our scanner is potentially faulty.
Thanks in advance.
I have a tx5 which is in fact a s120 as well. It still works normal. I use it for above ceilings and very narrow spaces where my riegl doesn't fit. My batteries still do 3hours of scanning each.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
Scott
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Scott »

Cooksta13 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:34 pm What's everyone plans with their S120 now they've reached end of life? Our scanner runs a low res B&W scan with no issue, however as soon as I put the resolution up a bit it gives me an error code every now and then.
Thanks in advance.
eBay has a large number of 'FARO scanners'--'working' and for 'parts only'. New batteries are also featured (caveat emptor--feedback would be helpful).
andmolin
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Andres Felipe Molina Alzate
Company Details: Fiscalia Caldas
Company Position Title: Fiscalia Caldas

Post by andmolin »

bassistas wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:23 pm
ARGAS wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:32 am Hi Everyone,

long time no see.
I read your previous comments and I am sorry that you have troubles with your S120 as I do.
I reached out FARO in Germany and they told me that unfortunately, those units are not repearable anymore because they timeline came to an end as a product line... SO... 8-)
I will be travelling to Germany, near Frankfurt and will stay there from October to February. If there is anyone in Germany who can repair my old FARO Focus S120 I would be more than happy to pay, share a beer over it and so. Maybe there are some spare parts in other dimension, who knows? :ugeek:
I thought if you can buy used parts for cars, for sure there is some market for scanners? My unit has around 4-5k scans done, it is basically like a mint condition but what is missing is the system. I am not able to boot (it is in a loop).

Best to all of you!
Karol
I can help you restore your faro focus operating system, send me a p.m.
Hi bassistas, can you help me to restore S120's operating system?
bassistas
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Ioannis Koutalis
Company Details: Ioannis Koutalis
Company Position Title: 3d artist

Post by bassistas »

andmolin wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:37 am
bassistas wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:23 pm
ARGAS wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:32 am Hi Everyone,

long time no see.
I read your previous comments and I am sorry that you have troubles with your S120 as I do.
I reached out FARO in Germany and they told me that unfortunately, those units are not repearable anymore because they timeline came to an end as a product line... SO... 8-)
I will be travelling to Germany, near Frankfurt and will stay there from October to February. If there is anyone in Germany who can repair my old FARO Focus S120 I would be more than happy to pay, share a beer over it and so. Maybe there are some spare parts in other dimension, who knows? :ugeek:
I thought if you can buy used parts for cars, for sure there is some market for scanners? My unit has around 4-5k scans done, it is basically like a mint condition but what is missing is the system. I am not able to boot (it is in a loop).

Best to all of you!
Karol
I can help you restore your faro focus operating system, send me a p.m.
Hi bassistas, can you help me to restore S120's operating system?
Yes I can, send me a p.m.
camilonino
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: camilo nino
Company Details: txf ingenieria
Company Position Title: commercial director
Skype Name: camilo_nino

Post by camilonino »

Hello anyone selling his fato focus s120 display? We need to do a calibration as well. Thanks

Return to “FARO”