Using the Building Extractor tool

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
b_clive
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Clive Bugeja
Company Details: ARC International Surveyors Ltd.
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Using the Building Extractor tool

Post by b_clive »

Dear all,

I have never really understood how to properly use the building extractor tool to obtain a decent result. I have watched a lot of videos and how simple it looks to use the feature but using it on my datasets never works as smoothly. I am attaching a dataset here in the link. I need to use the building extractor tool to obtain a simple yet accurate model of the building so that I can obtain sharp edges as close as possible to the dataset. Would appreciate some help maybe I can start benefitting from this feature myself in the future.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c0Dfr7 ... sp=sharing
Nicolas L
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Nicolas LANDRIVON
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: Sales and Support
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Using the Building Extractor tool

Post by Nicolas L »

Hello Clive

Please note that your post is not in the right thematic (Cyclone 3DR and not Cyclone Register 360 & Field 360).

I remind you that you can also find some information in the help (including the practical exercise) related to the Building Extractor.
I believe you have also already watched the latest video about the Building Extractor command: https://youtu.be/RpT6mX51NWU

What do you want to do exactly? Which area do you want to reconstruct on your point cloud?

Here are some reminders:
- better to click from the same side of the model to avoid reversed surfaces
- check the tolerance extraction
- the automatic connection of one surface requires bordering surfaces all around
- you can use the manual creation instead where there are not enough points
- you can use the Shift key to define a plane if you don't have enough points
- you can also create a suitable UCS beforehand with the constraints you might apply

then, if you want to edit the simplified mesh:
- you can use polylines to cut out the undesired triangles (extend the surface if necessary with the Free Move)
- you can add more triangles with the Subdivide function so that you will be smaller triangles to work with

Regards

Nicolas L

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”