Changing side view in Register

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Arch1UZ
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lee Whiteman
Company Details: Whiteman Architects
Company Position Title: Whiteman Architects

Changing side view in Register

Post by Arch1UZ »

Whilst doing a visual alignment of two scans I cant seem to change the side view when I move in the z-axis.

I can orbit around completely whilst in side view however when I come to move the cloud data it switches back to the original side view.

In the field app it works great and I can move data in the z-axis in any view I choose. Just not sure if I am missing something in Register as I cant imagine it isnt a feature.
Kruse
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Kruse
Company Details: HPCC
Company Position Title: Lead VDC Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Changing side view in Register

Post by Kruse »

When adjusting the elevation relationship between point clouds, you have to use the pan tool to make that adjustment at which point it will force you back into the elevation view and pull you out of the free orbit view. That's by design.

You can select the rotation tool and when using that in the visual alignment for elevation view, it'll rotate the point cloud to give you a better view. It won't however allow the vertical relationship to change between the two clouds. You'll have to reselect the pan tool to adjust the elevation from one cloud to the next.
JoshSteinert
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Joshua Steinert
Company Details: HFA AE
Company Position Title: ScopeScan Lead
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by JoshSteinert »

Orbit in Side View used to snap to a orthographic view near the orbited view.
Now, when you select the move tool after Orbit the view will return to last orthographic view.
Using the Rotate tool in side view is the only way to achieve workable rotated side views.

I would like an accelerated rotation, because it is painstakingly slow to rotate in side view.
Arch1UZ
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lee Whiteman
Company Details: Whiteman Architects
Company Position Title: Whiteman Architects

Post by Arch1UZ »

Ah thanks for the replies. For some reason it didnt occur to me to use the rotate tool! I assumed that would rotate the one of the setups like the move tool does. This is exactly what I was after!

Thanks again
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gsisman »

JoshSteinert wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:25 pm Orbit in Side View used to snap to a orthographic view near the orbited view.
Now, when you select the move tool after Orbit the view will return to last orthographic view.
Using the Rotate tool in side view is the only way to achieve workable rotated side views.

I would like an accelerated rotation, because it is painstakingly slow to rotate in side view.
I agree, maybe a switch to make ALT key an accelerated rotate in this view, the way ALT make it superfine adjustment in the Ortho-Align view

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”