Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica BLK v2

Post by Scott.Warren »

butucaru.andrei wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:21 pm Hi All,

Please see below an example of a BLK360 G2 scan:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Do you have an LGS of the RAW data that isn't filtered or trimmed?
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

pburrows145 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:46 am
gsisman wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:07 pm
badam wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:39 pm

Hello take a look at this thread.

https://laserscanningforum.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=19229

But short answer is that it seems like the same sensor/quality, just the software and the outside changed.

Leica has taken down the original interior dataset, but i have it on our server so if you want to i can upload it somewhere.
I have original inside and outside dataset (in E57 format off course) and I also have a REG 360 project direct from an Conference demo- Which was better, cause it was closer to the source BLK RAW data.
I am looking for a true RAW BLK dataset of setups with the VBIS poses file in a folder. I have the Register 360 program and publisher Pro up load it-Just want somebody give me the RAW "Undoctored" stuff with HDR imagery. I'll even send you a link to upload it (DM). I want to sample the ENTIRE field process on the RAW DATA without using Field 360 (The slow down in the entire process)
F360 with the new BLK360 is very fast... and BLK LIVE is also awesome. I would have a go again with both solutions...

Paul,
I've seen the data in all forms EXCEPT importing the BLKG2 RAW datasets from the unit into Reg 360. Can it be done? They say it can. That is how the data was loaded at the conference I attended. Pretty much identical to the RTC360 process, except np removeable Memory key just download with USB-C (BTW the one issue that is missing from BLKG1 earliest additions with no option to do the same from a mobile device Running Field 360) . That is what I want to do so I'm thinking of a zipfile that looks like this with the VIS file and the RAW BLK G2 files: https://www.screencast.com/t/GBM9p8pr86Uv
(My mama grew up in "Missouri-the Show Me State) and I want to test our workflow with the new G2 data. Probably will get a G2 at some point in the near future-at the very least for our Dept Gen Services- Building Maintenance/Engineering Div.
butucaru.andrei
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: ANDREI BUTUCARU
Company Details: G2 Survey Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Support Manager

Post by butucaru.andrei »

Scott.Warren wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:05 pm
butucaru.andrei wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:21 pm Hi All,

Please see below an example of a BLK360 G2 scan:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Do you have an LGS of the RAW data that isn't filtered or trimmed?
This is the data downloaded directly from the scanner (pre-registered on a tablet on-site).
Haven't done any cleaning or filtering. I've only applied the control.

Thanks,
Andrei Butucaru
Technical Support Manager
G2 Survey LTD-Leica Authorised Distributor and BLK Premium Partner in the UK
andrei.butucaru(at)g2survey.com
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer

Post by Scott.Warren »

I find that suspect based on the clean lines of removed data around the 2nd floor ceiling, its too straight a cut for it to be likely anything else than an removal of data.

If your comment is true, why does the photo for this station show a floor and some possible scan data behind the tripod, and there is no cloud data behind the door. Its a wide enough gap for there to be something there.

There are also open windows that should have data visible of the interior ceiling

Photo of cloud data from the same POV, no data in the crack of the door.
BLK2-b.jpg
Photo from LGS shows some interior floors, ceiling and opposite window (only visible when cranking up the brightness of the HDR)
BLK2-a.jpg

When I say cleaned, I mean the data provided is not in its original state and has some portion of data removed, which is what I feel this image shows.

Happy to learn something new if I missed something here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3Dottawa
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Spencer Mac
Company Details: Point3D Commercial Imaging
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by 3Dottawa »

gorkovchuk wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:38 am Does somebody have examples of BLK360 v2 scans with different resolution presets?
We will work on this for you sir. Please DM me so I can keep it as a priority.
wmta wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:18 pm Can someone post a lgs file of a scan using the new Leica BLK v2 it seems like the file size would be much smaller and it could be view by everyone using the truview. I have found that viewing LGS file with true view great because the cloud points and photos are in one file
Hi William, please see the .LGS file from the BLK360 G2 here - https://we.tl/t-8TQt9Yj4y0
wmta
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: William Tucker
Company Details: WmTuckerAssociates
Company Position Title: Ceo

Post by wmta »

thanks for posting
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

I've just seen a video from Laserscanning Europe where they tested a blk360g2, e57 in faro secne (maybe that has something to do with it) but the results were imho not good.
Don't know what others would think of it.
The data is shown from minute 12 and further.
https://youtu.be/EhTS9xhVXHM
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:57 am I've just seen a video from Laserscanning Europe where they tested a blk360g2, e57 in faro secne (maybe that has something to do with it) but the results were imho not good.
I guess it depends what you're comparing it to. It is not likely to match your Riegl in terms of scan quality, but it is an instrument in a very different price bracket. My feeling is it a very effective unit that offers good price / performance in an easy to use compact package that is well suited both as an entry point into scanning and for those who scanning is not a full time job. For an experienced and dedicated scanning expert such as yourself looking for an optimal solution for the widest ranger of projects, I think you already know which kit works best for you ;)
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

smacl wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:13 pm
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:57 am I've just seen a video from Laserscanning Europe where they tested a blk360g2, e57 in faro secne (maybe that has something to do with it) but the results were imho not good.
I guess it depends what you're comparing it to. It is not likely to match your Riegl in terms of scan quality, but it is an instrument in a very different price bracket. My feeling is it a very effective unit that offers good price / performance in an easy to use compact package that is well suited both as an entry point into scanning and for those who scanning is not a full time job. For an experienced and dedicated scanning expert such as yourself looking for an optimal solution for the widest ranger of projects, I think you already know which kit works best for you ;)
Shane,

I'm not comparing it to my riegl but overall quality.

If you watch the surface of the first car.... it's all with little dents it seems. It's those things that make me a bit anxious to investigate further and maybe purchase in the future as i would like to have a small device to add the odd room or smaller stuff or scanning jobs in centre of town where i could travel by train.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:42 pmShane,

I'm not comparing it to my riegl but overall quality.

If you watch the surface of the first car.... it's all with little dents it seems. It's those things that make me a bit anxious to investigate further and maybe purchase in the future as i would like to have a small device to add the odd room or smaller stuff or scanning jobs in centre of town where i could travel by train.
First car seems ok apart from the chrome wheels and black tyres. From memory, many mid-range scanners have difficulty with black and glossy surfaces, I don't think the BLK is unusual in this regard. From the video, this is more pronounced at distance and the BLK is losing data on the more distant car as a result. With luck this wouldn't be an issue on small rooms so much, for the city centre I'd be booking a second seat on the train for your Reigl :D
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module

Return to “Leica Geosystems”