CES 2023

Post details about exhibitions or conferences that may be of interest to other members. This will help gather support for the industry.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

CES 2023

Post by dhirota »

What can you except by attending the world's largest trade, innovation show in a single city, Las Vegas, NV. Starting January 5-8, they claim CES 2023 is the Global Stage for Innovation. When I attended, the estimate was 180,000 visitors and you could hardly move in LV and everything was very expensive (rooms at $1,000 per night or not available nearby and cabs at $50).

Many innovators from China at that time; interesting to find out the number this year?

Check out their website and register to check stuff out.
https://www.ces.tech/

CES-2023.jpg

If you are interested, there are three views threaded in LSF of trips to CES in 2016, 2017, 2018.

CES 2018
viewtopic.php?p=67482&hilit=ces+2018#p67482
CES 2017
viewtopic.php?p=60372&hilit=CES+2017#p60372
CES 2016
viewtopic.php?p=51704&hilit=CES+2016#p51704
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Re: CES 2023

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Isn't this more like a consumer show for new gadgets and appliances.

Like cebit in Germany was for computers?
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:57 am Isn't this more like a consumer show for new gadgets and appliances.

Also excellent for catching up on new computer related stuff but not so much on survey.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture

Post by ericguizzetti »

dhirota wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:05 pm What can you except by attending the world's largest trade, innovation show in a single city, Las Vegas, NV. Starting January 5-8, they claim CES 2023 is the Global Stage for Innovation. When I attended, the estimate was 180,000 visitors and you could hardly move in LV and everything was very expensive (rooms at $1,000 per night or not available nearby and cabs at $50).

Many innovators from China at that time; interesting to find out the number this year?

Check out their website and register to check stuff out.
https://www.ces.tech/

CES-2023.jpg

If you are interested, there are three views threaded in LSF of trips to CES in 2016, 2017, 2018.

CES 2018
viewtopic.php?p=67482&hilit=ces+2018#p67482
CES 2017
viewtopic.php?p=60372&hilit=CES+2017#p60372
CES 2016
viewtopic.php?p=51704&hilit=CES+2016#p51704
1. OLED everything
2. NVIDIA 4090 and NVIDIA 4070 that's faster than the 3080
3. Intel 13
4. DDR5 5500
so so so much more!
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

landmeterbeuckx wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:57 am Isn't this more like a consumer show for new gadgets and appliances.

Lieven:

I have attended about 20 technical conferences in Germany (5X Photokina, 15X InterGeo) but never Cebit, so I cannot personally compare it with CES. CES exhibitors from all over the world are showing their innovations, many of which should be of interest to LSF members and guests, but they do not know it yet because many of the items will not be for sale for at least another year from these unknown booths this week. I attended CES 2016 to meet color 3D printing people, lidar scanner people, and high precision imaging groups.

The important piece of information is that someone will possibly be selling an item, software, or concept that will make you more competitive than your potential competitor in another more profitable business than the loser that you are struggling with today.

HERE IS A SUMMARY of MY CES 2018 TRIP
Saw many of the items that may or may not be available in the future. Met many people by chance that will help our company be more competitive than our competitors in many markets; CEO from Finland in large point cloud databases; CEO of large real estate databases; Global Leader in Intelligent devices for smart cities; friends that I have not seen for many years that are now leading world class companies.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
sim.herrod
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Simeon Herrod
Company Details: Terra Measurement Limited
Company Position Title: 3D Data Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sim.herrod »

I'd like to eventually get to the big shows like InterGeo and CES.

As with most trade shows though, it seems to be a case of wading through the crap to find the few little gems that are really interesting.

...and merchandise. As much merchandise as you can carry. :D
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

sim.herrod wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:30 am I'd like to eventually get to the big shows like InterGeo and CES.

As with most trade shows though, it seems to be a case of wading through the crap to find the few little gems that are really interesting.

...and merchandise. As much merchandise as you can carry. :D
Simeon:

Although it is important to attend vendor technical conferences, such as AU, Dimensions, HxGN LIVE, and others depending who is paying the bill; CES is important as a global innovation location as I originally indicated. If you are in a position:

1. to take a trip to LV in January;
2. can plan a year in advance to stay at a hotel near the rail or pay the ridiculous prices at the Venetian Hotel;
3. have the ability to track many innovative ideas;
4. are not stuck on lidar scanning or a specific vendor;
5. want to see what the world is doing and will be doing in the next 2 to 3 years;
6. see it in 3 days in the USA.

I will use some examples including my post of 2017 on LSF below.

CES-2017.jpg

There were more people at the CES 2017 DJI booth than I have ever seen at any of the 15 InterGeo's that I have attended. I have attended 5 Photokina shows in Koln, DE with 160,000 people attending, similar to CES. That in itself may not mean anything significant, but there are too many contacts with different people doing other activities to ignore. The following post by LIVOX at CES 2020 is another good example. People had to figure out where booth 833 at Westgate, which is not on the main drag of booths.

I guarantee you that from CES 2020 to CES 2023, the number of eye-ball pairs on the LIVOX products will have improved by many orders of magnitude at the DJI CES 2023 booth and around the world. SALES & VOLUME.

DJI-L1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

Just in case you missed the robotics display booths of CES 2023, and you needed a research device for either Christmas 2023 or your next robot looking like a dog or cat carrying your hand-held lidar scanner into a small space.

PETOI.jpg
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]

Return to “Exhibitions & Conferences”