V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

RTC 360 Tie Off Point for Upside-Down Scanning Suggestions

Post by Kruse »

We have lots of scanning coming up with our RTC 360 being upside-down. Does anyone know of a product or way to safely tie off the scanner if it were to somehow come off the plate? I'm thinking maybe a collar of somekind that secures around the rotating base (with the silver latch) that has a loop or tie off point as an extra precaution.

Just looking for something that gives us the warm and fuzzy feeling that it's not going anywhere :lol: . Curious to see if anyone else has come up with a solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare

Re: RTC 360 Tie Off Point for Upside-Down Scanning Suggestions

Post by topogeo »

We used Goecke's tripod in the photo to survey the insides of many sewer manhole covers. Depth up to 4 meters. Excellent purchase. Gives a lot of security when we send our rtc360 down there ;)
Piercarlo
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager

Re: RTC 360 Tie Off Point for Upside-Down Scanning Suggestions

Post by Kruse »

I did learn at least there's a way to lock the securing latch so it can't come undone. using the allen wrench in the case, you can screw out a set screw through the silver latch and that set screw wedges itself into the latch preventing it from coming undone. Useful in case someone else didn't realize this like myself. :lol:

Still looking for a secondary way to tie off the scanner to prevent it from falling in the unlikely event it came undone from the tripod in anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”