2km Pipe Run

Discuss all GeoSlam related products here.
kpob46
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Kyle OBrien
Company Details: Nutrien
Company Position Title: Mine Technologist

Re: 2km Pipe Run

Post by kpob46 »

RobM wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:41 pm I just did a 1km piperun in one day with my VLX last week. 14 controlpoints and an incredible result :-)
Regarding the VLX, what kind of surface noise are you seeing on a planar surface? That is one of the issues which is holding me back from getting into that system.
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by smacl »

MarkJLane wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:26 pmThat's right. The scans are structured by image, taken at one per second. So if I scan my house in one minute, the ZEB Vision camera will allow me to structure the E57 into 60 scans with corresponding images in Connect.
The camera pose and position is available for each image in CSV format as a standard export in Connect, along with the time stamped trajectory.
Hi Mark,

Would you be able to share a sample dataset including point cloud, camera positions and images, for testing here. Either LAS and CSV files or a single E57 should work well. We have a client looking for fine detail in a road job that is not really possibly to detect from the point cloud alone. An example of the type of thing we'd like to achieve is here. This should currently work for any E57s with embedded panoramic images but we've no problem adding specific GeoSLAM format support if that is easier. For flat photography we also need the internal camera parameters, e.g lens correction etc...

Shane
MarkJLane
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Lane
Company Details: GeoSLAM
Company Position Title: 3D Laser Scanning and BIM

Post by MarkJLane »

smacl wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:45 pm Hi Mark,

Would you be able to share a sample dataset including point cloud, camera positions and images, for testing here. Either LAS and CSV files or a single E57 should work well. We have a client looking for fine detail in a road job that is not really possibly to detect from the point cloud alone. An example of the type of thing we'd like to achieve is here. This should currently work for any E57s with embedded panoramic images but we've no problem adding specific GeoSLAM format support if that is easier. For flat photography we also need the internal camera parameters, e.g lens correction etc...

Shane
Hi Shane, I just sent you an email including a richer version of the below scan including images from the Vision camera.

https://keelendi-road-bellbird.web.app/
Mark Lane
Sydney, Australia
TLS Tools
GeoSLAM
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director

Post by smacl »

MarkJLane wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:03 am
smacl wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:45 pm Hi Mark,

Shane
Hi Shane, I just sent you an email including a richer version of the below scan including images from the Vision camera.

https://keelendi-road-bellbird.web.app/
Many thanks for the data Mark, it comes into SCC quickly and easily and the images add huge value in terms of capturing small features such as drains and manhole covers that are indistinct in the point cloud data. I'll pass the results onto my client and put a small video together showing the process. I think for this type of work having access to good georeferenced imagery is a must have item for anyone looking to acquire a mobile mapping system.
geoslam images.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GeoSLAM”