V.I.P Member
Full Name: Malte Holm
Company Details: TLS
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Costs

Post by MalteHC »

Hi all

I have been betatesting Prevu and is pretty found of it.
But i think it looks pretty expensive.
i have minor datasts, that will cost seval hundred tokens, for 5$ each?
can this be right, that a minor building or such, will cost around 2000 $?
Most of my customers, rebuild there facilitys, so they need a scanning or dronemodel once a year.

Is there any software, that does the same, for less and are able to calculate local?
kevin.grover
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Kevin Grover
Company Details: McElhanney
Company Position Title: Advanced Research and Technology Leader

Re: Costs

Post by kevin.grover »

Hi Malte,

Thanks for trying out our solution, and glad you are liking it so far!

As for pricing, we do price our solution based on the size of the project, and in order to host longer term, you need an active cloud subscription for this. I am not sure how large the projects are that you are capturing, but we are happy to discuss some options with you and I will have our team reach out to you directly. Keep in mind about how our solution does work overall, is that we are a 100% automated solution for creating the highest resolution 3D meshes from point clouds just by drag and drop. Also, we don't have a limit on the density of data you upload to process for an area, which is why we price based on size of project. The more data you bring to the platform, the better the mesh will be. This is very different from many traditional solutions that are GB based.

Plus, if you are trying our tools we offer, we not only allow the hosting solution, but also provide a desktop solution as well that make it easy to use these datasets. Along with virtual staging tools, 3D mesh exports, ability to cut objects and move around, etc. We are far more than just a meshing solution like some others.

Hope this helps to clarify a bit more of what we offer, and we will be in touch to discuss things further with you.
Kevin Grover
Prevu3D - Head of Product
https://www.prevu3d.com/
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology

Post by TommyMaddox »

From my limited information on pricing and use cases, the current schemes are best suited to facility owners that only need to cover the cost of one facility (or a very small number of locations) instead of service providers that need to maintain an enormous portfolio of customer sites.

The value proposition as they currently have setup is ideally suited to the owner or engineering team responsible for a single very large very complex facility, this makes the greatest benefit of the per sq/ft pricing which doesn't assess data size or complexity.

One of our sample data sets (an iron ore processing facility) is used by Prevu3D, and the cost for us to have that single project on their platform if that's the direction we opted pursue, would be 80% of the total cost we pay for ~1000 sites including that one on FARO WSC.

That's not to say it's not a great tool or that there is no value, it's just that you're probably not in the role this type of platform and its pricing model is currently tailored to.
MalteHC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by MalteHC »

TommyMaddox wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:27 pm From my limited information on pricing and use cases, the current schemes are best suited to facility owners that only need to cover the cost of one facility (or a very small number of locations) instead of service providers that need to maintain an enormous portfolio of customer sites.

The value proposition as they currently have setup is ideally suited to the owner or engineering team responsible for a single very large very complex facility, this makes the greatest benefit of the per sq/ft pricing which doesn't assess data size or complexity.

One of our sample data sets (an iron ore processing facility) is used by Prevu3D, and the cost for us to have that single project on their platform if that's the direction we opted pursue, would be 80% of the total cost we pay for ~1000 sites including that one on FARO WSC.

That's not to say it's not a great tool or that there is no value, it's just that you're probably not in the role this type of platform and its pricing model is currently tailored to.
Its just a shame, cause i could really see the customers using my data very interactively. The issue just is, that especially with drone mapping, i can do 200.000 m2, in a matter of days and in this case, Prevu3d would cost 10x more, than the survey itself.
Nicolas Morency
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Nicolas Morency
Company Details: Prevu3D
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by Nicolas Morency »

Thanks for your feedback Malte. Glad you liked the software and the mesh generated from your data.

I couldn't agree more that our standard pricing is definitely not a fit for drone data, as we focus mainly on terrestrial laser scanner. On some edge cases, we can include fusion of drone data (at a much lower price point) with terrestrial laser scanner, but again, that's not our core business.

Tommy pointed out very efficiently where we shine : We take thousands of scans from high-end TLS and converted them into an easy to use, interactive 3D software solution that anyone can use. We provide a unique pre-design analysis toolset that helps non-expert use reality capture data and CAD to communicate and collaborate more efficiently on projects with all stakeholders. Typically, our clients are the end-users (facilities, oil and gas, car manufacturers, Food and Beverage) of the product. Personas like facility engineers, project managers, health-and-safety experts, asset management teams, maintenance teams, etc.

I have a bunch of respect for the community on this forum, as I was here well before I started Prevu3D, so happy to share a bit of background of how our pricing came to be and why we are not the cheapest solution on the market.

We first started by aligning our pricing with the laser scanning experts we worked with, since the vast majority of our clients have no prior expertise with 3D scanning, nor have the time or computers required to even consider learning how to leverage it efficiently.

For your reference, a greatly captured scan in our typical market (indoor, very dense and complex environment) requires an average of 1000 scans per 100 000 square feet, or approx. 1TB of data. We want absolutely no occlusion, since our clients want to have access to every single element of their facility documented, with great imagery on top of high accuracy data. For this type of scan, we expect to pay on average 0.15$ to 0.25$/sqft (depending on the location, and the size of the complete area) to the service provider. So, our partner makes between 15 000$ to 25 000$ for capturing the data.

We have had multiple successful opportunities that went from a first facility with a customers, to 10's of facilities after a few years. This mean, our initial partner (service provider) ended up generating quite a bit of work (and revenue) for us over the years from a single client.

On our end, our pricing is set in two components, one being the online point-cloud to mesh processing and app generation (one-time fee), the other one being the license for the desktop software, web software, data hosting and streaming. Below is the cost for our platform for the same 100 000 sqft / 1TB facility.
100 000 square feet.jpg
As you can see, our one-time fee to process the data for 1TB / 100 000 sqft is 3 600$. That's 0.036$ / sqft (and it continues to drop as the project gets larger). This operation, unlike hosting point cloud data, requires100's to 1000'S of instances in parallel using AWS , and makes the data usable and attractive to new personas and non-technical experts. Typically, the automatic meshing and app packaging of 1TB takes under 12 hours. Our meshes can easily exported in most the industry standard formats as you see fit if you (or your client) need to use them outside of our application. The compression is also a great value-add, expecting an average of 95% compression from the initial point cloud size.

The second element is license. As we learned over the years, larger facilities employ more people and require more seats that got access to our professional toolsets. As an example, our 100 000 sqft license package is 4 499$ and includes 3 assigned pro seat (all features) and up to 50 named collaborators. This allow our clients to use the platform for pretty much all the use cases they may have in mind, allowing all internal and external collaborators to the platform (may it be for a certain room, or the entire plant). Overall, it greatly expands the value of their initial investment toward 3D scanning and helps increase the ROI (or make it very obvious).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MalteHC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by MalteHC »

Nicolas Morency wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:57 pm Thanks for your feedback Malte. Glad you liked the software and the mesh generated from your data.

I couldn't agree more that our standard pricing is definitely not a fit for drone data, as we focus mainly on terrestrial laser scanner. On some edge cases, we can include fusion of drone data (at a much lower price point) with terrestrial laser scanner, but again, that's not our core business.

Tommy pointed out very efficiently where we shine : We take thousands of scans from high-end TLS and converted them into an easy to use, interactive 3D software solution that anyone can use. We provide a unique pre-design analysis toolset that helps non-expert use reality capture data and CAD to communicate and collaborate more efficiently on projects with all stakeholders. Typically, our clients are the end-users (facilities, oil and gas, car manufacturers, Food and Beverage) of the product. Personas like facility engineers, project managers, health-and-safety experts, asset management teams, maintenance teams, etc.

I have a bunch of respect for the community on this forum, as I was here well before I started Prevu3D, so happy to share a bit of background of how our pricing came to be and why we are not the cheapest solution on the market.

We first started by aligning our pricing with the laser scanning experts we worked with, since the vast majority of our clients have no prior expertise with 3D scanning, nor have the time or computers required to even consider learning how to leverage it efficiently.

For your reference, a greatly captured scan in our typical market (indoor, very dense and complex environment) requires an average of 1000 scans per 100 000 square feet, or approx. 1TB of data. We want absolutely no occlusion, since our clients want to have access to every single element of their facility documented, with great imagery on top of high accuracy data. For this type of scan, we expect to pay on average 0.15$ to 0.25$/sqft (depending on the location, and the size of the complete area) to the service provider. So, our partner makes between 15 000$ to 25 000$ for capturing the data.

We have had multiple successful opportunities that went from a first facility with a customers, to 10's of facilities after a few years. This mean, our initial partner (service provider) ended up generating quite a bit of work (and revenue) for us over the years from a single client.

On our end, our pricing is set in two components, one being the online point-cloud to mesh processing and app generation (one-time fee), the other one being the license for the desktop software, web software, data hosting and streaming. Below is the cost for our platform for the same 100 000 sqft / 1TB facility.

100 000 square feet.jpg

As you can see, our one-time fee to process the data for 1TB / 100 000 sqft is 3 600$. That's 0.036$ / sqft (and it continues to drop as the project gets larger). This operation, unlike hosting point cloud data, requires100's to 1000'S of instances in parallel using AWS , and makes the data usable and attractive to new personas and non-technical experts. Typically, the automatic meshing and app packaging of 1TB takes under 12 hours. Our meshes can easily exported in most the industry standard formats as you see fit if you (or your client) need to use them outside of our application. The compression is also a great value-add, expecting an average of 95% compression from the initial point cloud size.

The second element is license. As we learned over the years, larger facilities employ more people and require more seats that got access to our professional toolsets. As an example, our 100 000 sqft license package is 4 499$ and includes 3 assigned pro seat (all features) and up to 50 named collaborators. This allow our clients to use the platform for pretty much all the use cases they may have in mind, allowing all internal and external collaborators to the platform (may it be for a certain room, or the entire plant). Overall, it greatly expands the value of their initial investment toward 3D scanning and helps increase the ROI (or make it very obvious).

Hi Nicholas

Its just a shame, that it is not possible for me to offer this tool to our customers.
I think there could be a lot of possible customers, if it was way cheaper and they had the possibility to host it locally, without the mothly payment. In that case i could charge a onetime fee for the model, which could work for some of my customers.
I work in the oil and heavy industry sector, where i could see some usecases for this product. I have even shown it to some of the customers, but they are just not willing to pay this price, since they can get a trueview for free, or even Cintoo way cheaper.

Return to “PREVU3D”