Delete points in Recap permanently

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
mlang
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Matthias Lang
Company Details: eScience-Center Tuebingen University
Company Position Title: Head of department
Linkedin Profile: No

Delete points in Recap permanently

Post by mlang »

I'm getting desperate about deleting points right now. I have cleaned a scan from 120 stations and recap with mark and delete. In the second step I exported the file as E57 and now in Cloudcompare all data shows up again. Then I saved the file under a new name and confirmed the deletion of points here. In the new file the button Restore points is now grayed out. But the E57 export still contains all points! Maybe someone knows the problem and knows a solution?

Cheers,

Matthias
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Re: Delete points in Recap permanently

Post by badam »

mlang wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:24 am I'm getting desperate about deleting points right now. I have cleaned a scan from 120 stations and recap with mark and delete. In the second step I exported the file as E57 and now in Cloudcompare all data shows up again. Then I saved the file under a new name and confirmed the deletion of points here. In the new file the button Restore points is now grayed out. But the E57 export still contains all points! Maybe someone knows the problem and knows a solution?

Cheers,

Matthias
When you export from recap, you asked to create complete scan(structured) or unified(unstructured). You need to select unified so not complete scan.
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development

Post by VXGrid »

mlang wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:24 am I'm getting desperate about deleting points right now. I have cleaned a scan from 120 stations and recap with mark and delete. In the second step I exported the file as E57 and now in Cloudcompare all data shows up again. Then I saved the file under a new name and confirmed the deletion of points here. In the new file the button Restore points is now grayed out. But the E57 export still contains all points! Maybe someone knows the problem and knows a solution?

Cheers,

Matthias
What Adam said ↑

To give a little bit of context:
ReCap creates two point clouds. One which you see (viewing) and one for the structured scans (mirror balls).
When exporting structured it will export the point cloud files from the mirror balls, when exporting unstructured the mirrorballs get lost and it will use the view point cloud, so everything which you deleted there will be gone as well.

Is it possible to delete parts in the mirrorballs in ReCap?
Like doing the cleaning in the panoramas?
mlang
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Matthias Lang
Company Details: eScience-Center Tuebingen University
Company Position Title: Head of department

Post by mlang »

Thank you for making that a little clearer. My problem is actually that I need a structured export to further process the scans in Capturingreality - cleaned up accordingly, of course. I'm playing around with some small examples to find a solution for this - if I find one, I'll let you know.

The tip that the structured and unstructured scans contain different information was very important.

Matthias
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

mlang wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:45 am Thank you for making that a little clearer. My problem is actually that I need a structured export to further process the scans in Capturingreality - cleaned up accordingly, of course. I'm playing around with some small examples to find a solution for this - if I find one, I'll let you know.

The tip that the structured and unstructured scans contain different information was very important.

Matthias
That is not possible in recap (also cleaning in recap is very inefficient the project gets slower as you delete more). Cyclone Register or Register (360) can export cleaned structured setups. Maybe there are others. but i did not have a chance to test them like TRW, riscan, etc...

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”