V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cyclone cleaning scans from reflections

Post by Ioannis »

Hello, I am trying to align scans with visual registration but as you see in the red rectangular I have windows and they make me a reflection.
How I will clean each scan in order to align them correctly.
I am trying to clean them in the model space and control space but still appear in the registration.(before add them in registration)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott.Warren
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Warren
Company Details: WSP Canada
Company Position Title: Project Manager - Geomatics Engineer

Re: Cyclone cleaning scans from reflections

Post by Scott.Warren »

For any registration with Scanworlds, only the information in the CONTROLSPACE is used for the registration, the modelspace isn't really used.
Thats why Target Vertex's and control objects/spheres need to be in the controlspace for the reg to see them.
You'll need to crop the data in a modelspace, and copy that into the controlspace (removing the un-edited one prior to pasting).
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director

Post by jamesworrell »

Need to clean in model first .. then set default scanworld.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

jamesworrell wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:52 am Need to clean in model first .. then set default scanworld.
How I will set default scanworld?
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

Scott.Warren wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:27 pm For any registration with Scanworlds, only the information in the CONTROLSPACE is used for the registration, the modelspace isn't really used.
Thats why Target Vertex's and control objects/spheres need to be in the controlspace for the reg to see them.
You'll need to crop the data in a modelspace, and copy that into the controlspace (removing the un-edited one prior to pasting).
I do this but still dont work I see the reflections again!
Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh

Post by Phil Marsh »

You havent right click and set scanworld as default cloud if you can still see them,
LASER SCANNING FORUM
[email protected]
gomaldonado
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Gustavo Maldonado
Company Details: Georgia Southern University
Company Position Title: Full Professor

Post by gomaldonado »

The following link presents information that was posted on March 19, 2016 by sofitabs:
https://digidocportfolio.wordpress.com/ ... ns-before- registration/

I slightly edited it for university students taking my Intro to Terrestrial LiDAR graduate course, as follows:

The correct procedure for cleaning scans before registration in Cyclone is not as straightforward as one might imagine. This is mostly due to the complicated structure of Cyclone databases; one needs to understand the hierarchy and relationships among ControlSpace, ModelSpace, ScanWorld and Scans. After much experimentation and communication with Leica support, it has been determined that in the latest version of Cyclone (9.1.3), the cloud alignment algorithm works with the point cloud inside the ScanWorld’s ControlSpace, not with the ModelSpace or Default Clouds. However, in the registered ScanWorld, it is the Default Clouds that appear for each individual ScanWorld. Which can be useful in some cases, but also very confusing.

Do you clean in the ModelSpace or ControlSpace? And if in the ControlSpace, which ControlSpace? Cyclone creates a “child” ControlSpace for every time the ScanWorld appears in a registration within the database.

As it stands at the moment, the process for cleaning scans is as follows:

1. In the tree view, go to each ScanWorld’s ModelSpace and clean unwanted objects. The cleaning procedures are explained in corresponding BEaM Lab protocol(s).

2. While in the ModelSpace, you may want to verify that all targets are at their right location, have their right types, names and heights. All these items could be changed at this stage. If you need to move a target, select it, grab the blue insertion handle and move it to your desired location. To edit a target (change type, name, and height), select it, right click and select Add/Edit Annotations. Complete your desired edits.

3. While still at the ModelSpace, select all points, targets, etc., of the cleaned point cloud (Selection|All) and make it the ScanWorld’s Default Cloud (Tools|Scanner|Set ScanWorld Defaults Clouds).

4. Now, in the ModelSpace, select the all points, targets, etc. of the cleaned cloud (Selection|All) and copy it (Edit|Copy).

5. Then, go to the ControlSpace and delete all points, targets, etc., from that space (Selection|All and then Edit/Delete).

6. While still at the ControlSpace, paste there the cleaned cloud (with targets) copied from the ModelSpace (Edit|Paste).

This process will ensure that:

(a) The cloud alignment algorithm will use the clean clouds (from the ControlSpace), therefore improving registration results.

(b) Any new ModelSpaces created, as well as the registered ScanWorld ModelSpace, will contain only the clean clouds (Default Clouds).

Hope this helps.
Gustavo Maldonado
Professor of Civil Engineering
Georgia Southern University
Statesboro, GA, 30460
USA

Return to “Leica Geosystems”