BLK2GO scans of a room as a line

Discuss all BLK2GO | BLK2GO Pulse | BLK2FLY related products here.
WillieML
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: william
Company Details: ferrovial
Company Position Title: senior survey engineer

BLK2GO scans of a room as a line

Post by WillieML »

Good afternoon,
I started using BLK2GO last week. I did a lot of scans without problem. But the last two of the session, came up as a line. See Below.
View 1-utvCbHfs.png
I'am scaning the gap between the roof and the ceiling tiles in a building. The designers need to know the elements of the structure of the building.
To do that I removed several tiles and I did a walk/scan for each of the openings (first I scanned the room for 5 to 10 seconds and slowly I stepped on a wheeled podioum to insert the scanner into the hole. I also took some panoramic pictures from within the gap)
That was the process I used for most of the openings except for the last two walks. For these ones I moved the wheeled podium while scanning. COuld it be that the algorithm of the scanner used the podium to join the different positions?
Is there any way I could use to stich together the scans in the right position? I dont have access to the building anymore, so to repeat the missing part is not an option.
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piero
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Pier Carlo Ricci
Company Details: Artificio Digitale Snc
Company Position Title: Artificio Digitale Snc
Skype Name: Pier Carlo Ricci
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: BLK2GO scans of a room as a line

Post by piero »

sorry... just for my curiosity, I never test the blk2go but:
Don't you see in smartphone preview there are something wrong in data capturing? during scanning...
WillieML
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by WillieML »

Good morning,
Thanks to Phil Marsh and the Leica Support Team for helping with this.
The problem was the setting of Cyclone Register 360. The options I highlighted in the attached pictures are to be selected and the scans will show as expected. At least in my case...
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WillieML
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by WillieML »

piero wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:52 pm sorry... just for my curiosity, I never test the blk2go but:
Don't you see in smartphone preview there are something wrong in data capturing? during scanning...
Piero,
The live app shows error or other messages, yes, but they were not enough for me to find out the solution.
Regards

Return to “Leica BLK2GO | BLK2GO PULSE | BLK2FLY”