Important Veesus News

Discuss Veesus software here, including those for Arena4D and the plug-ins for SolidWorks and Rhino.
Mark Christy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Christy
Company Details: Veesus Ltd Arena4D.
Company Position Title: Technology Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Important Veesus News

Post by Mark Christy »

Hi,

In a major update to the way we provide Veesus software to customers we have decided to combine our Zappcha Cloud offering and Veesus software into one simple monthly subscription.

A Veesus subscription is available in 4 tiers:

Free - Upload 3 scans to the cloud. Use limited versions of Veesus software and open data held in the Zappcha Cloud.
£0.00 per month

Basic - Upload 25 scans to the cloud. Use full versions of Veesus software and open data held in the Zappcha Cloud.
£2.99 per month

Professional - Upload unlimited scans to the cloud. Use full versions of Veesus software and open data held on your machine OR in the Zappcha Cloud.
£49.99 per month

Teams - Upload unlimited scans to the cloud in a shared area. Use full versions of Veesus software and open data held on your machine OR in the Zappcha Cloud.
POA

Provided as a monthly rolling contract you can come and go as necessary, only paying for the software when you need to use it.

Of course a major update to our software platforms wouldn't be complete without some new features! We've been busy improving the "High Quality" rendering mode on our desktop software AND iOS mobile software. Coupled with our new subscription service it means you can make stunning video renderings and screenshots of your data wherever you may be, for far less than ever before.

youtu.be/CVRoBeESV88

Please see our website and our specific blog posting for more details!

Many Thanks

Mark
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President

Re: Important Veesus News

Post by dhirota »

Thank you Veesus for some interesting applications. I have only been using Zappcha for a short time, but it has shown to be a potentially valuable tool for scanning and displaying point clouds on small portable devices.

Attached are some screen shots of a project scanned using a Riegl VZ400i and NavVis VLX and registered together producing a total point cloud of 1.7 billion points. All scan positions were processed to generate an Octree based point cloud of 5mm and removing all moving objects (vehicles and people, approximately 500Mpts + uncolored points, 200Mpts). All scans were captured walking on sidewalks in an area of approximately 290KSM and a perimeter of 1.6 miles

The resulting point cloud was converted into VPC format and imported into my iPhone 13 Pro Max (919Mpts) for display as shown below.
1.CAPITOL-TSQUARE.jpg
2.ZAPPCHA-CAPITOL-TSQUARE-IMG-6621.jpg
3..CITY-HALL.jpg
4.ZAPPCHA-CITY-HALL-IMG-6625.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President

Post by dhirota »

I forgot to mention the real value of installing point clouds on small devices such as an apple iPhone or iPad, besides the portability that Veesus/Zappcha gives you.

When you’re trying to show off your 3D scanning work from your iPhone or iPad, there are times when the small screen is too small for the whole room to see effectively.

But screen mirroring allows the presenter to work from or show content from a more accessible device like a smartphone. You can easily mirror your smaller device onto the larger screen to create a truly collaborative atmosphere. Fortunately, you can connect those devices to your big-screen TV, if available, through several different methods (too many to discuss here).

I give a simple example using the HNL data used in the above thread.

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac

1.SCREEN-MIRROR-iPHONE13ProMax.jpg

2. Open Control Center
2.SELECT TV ON iPHONE.jpg
3. Tap Screen Mirroring for the specific TV

3.APPLE-13PRO.jpg

4.82INCH 4K SAMSUNG-TV.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
piero
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Pier Carlo Ricci
Company Details: Artificio Digitale Snc
Company Position Title: Artificio Digitale Snc
Skype Name: Pier Carlo Ricci

Post by piero »

I'm searching info about "basic" version plugins vs "full" but I can't find nothing...
I test on other pc and It seems, in rhino plugin, there are no slice tools, only poincloud entire viewing ... is it right?
There are some comparison features table to see?
thanks
Piero
Mark Christy
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Christy
Company Details: Veesus Ltd Arena4D.
Company Position Title: Technology Director

Post by Mark Christy »

Hi Piero,

The basic versions essentially just allow you to load and view your point cloud data. Arena4D you can also make videos from.

Any "tools" only come with the paid for versions, which start at only £2.99.

The £49.99 price point allows local disk access and "offline roaming" for when you need to work out the office away from an internet connection.

Many Thanks

Mark
LucyT
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Lucy Trevena
Company Details: Veesus Ltd
Company Position Title: Digital Relationship Manager

Post by LucyT »

Hi,

It's been just over a month since we launched our new software subscription service and are pleased that so many of you are now seeing the benefits of the Veesus software solution!

Based on feedback from all our new customers we've added the following options to our plans:
1) Option of annual payments rather than monthly (5% saving)
2) Creation of Teams account for multiple users (additional savings compared to buying separately)

For the latest pricing information please check our website https://zappcha.com/#pricing

Return to “Veesus”